Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Renewed Silver Dollar #5

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Canada
13 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  7:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Canovision8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received an email from my account rep today about the next Renewed Silver Dollar.

It looks like this year's coin is a re-make of the 1995 Peacekeeper dollar.

I was hoping for the 70th anniversary of the 1949 Matthew dollar.

I will be getting on of this year's coin, but only to keep the set complete.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4157 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If that's the case, it will be the second time the RCM "renews" a dollar coin that was never issued in silver!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2663 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
was hoping for the 70th anniversary of the 1949 Matthew dollar.

It wouldn't be the 1949 Matthew Dollar because they came out with the Piedfort 1949 Matthew Silver dollar just a few months ago. The RCM described the piedfort coin as the
70th anniversary tribute to the Matthew dollar. So why would they redo it.

http://store.gatewestcoin.com/cgi/v...42L&t=208783

Surprisingly they would chose the 1995 Peacekeeping dollar because it is not a anniversary date. An anniversary coin usually ends in 0 or 5; like 10th, 25th, 50th, 75th. 100th.

So the 24th? It would make more sense to choose the 1964 Charlottetown silver dollar since it is the 55th anniversary.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42891 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6567 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Surprisingly they would chose the 1995 Peacekeeping dollar because it is not a anniversary date. An anniversary coin usually ends in 0 or 5; like 10th, 25th, 50th, 75th. 100th.

So the 24th?

I don't have info about the coin.
But these guys ( RCM) might be very smart, by minting new SD as 2020 dated. Then, it perfect 25-th Anniversary...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2663 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But these guys ( RCM) might be very smart, by minting new SD as 2020 dated. Then, it perfect 25-th Anniversary...

You are right, if it is dated 2020 it would be 25 year anniversary.

That is what they did with the Raptors coin which is dated 2020. They called it the 25th anniversary which is not the case if they dated it 2019 since the Raptors started in 1995.
Edited by MoneyPenney
10/19/2019 11:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2663 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  03:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received the order form from rep.

Easily the worst of the renewed silver dollars. Mintage is 2500. Besides needing it to complete collection I doubt there will be a huge demand for it.
Valued Member
Canada
426 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  10:05 am  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just ordered the EXCLUSIVE Masters Club 2 oz. Pure Silver Renewed Dollar - Peacekeeping - Mintage: 2,500 (2019) and it is confirmed date of 2019. I don't see the signification in why the RCM did this particular coin. Your thoughts?
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Valued Member
Canada
341 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Easily the worst of the renewed silver dollars
I am quite disappointed in this coin... both in the choice of coin to renew and also in the coin itself.

Quote:
Besides needing it to complete collection
I bought but only for the collection

Quote:
I don't see the signification in why the RCM did this particular coin
The 1949 Matthew could have served here, even given its earlier releases this year. The 1964 Charlottetown/Quebec SD could have been renewed... The 1974 Winnipeg dollar could have been renewed

Next year, should we expect the 2010 Inukshuk loon to be renewed or maybe just another random date...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4157 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm glad I never started this collection! No urges to keep it complete!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2663 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2019  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is no rhyme or reason for choosing the 1995 Peacekeeping dollar. Its not a anniversary year at 24th so why chose it.

The 1949 Matthew dollar would have been a perfect choice with the gold plated ship. It would look fantastic.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
626 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Electrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really stretching out this theme - far more classic design options being purposely held back for future releases
Valued Member
Canada
426 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FYI.

If your on the fence in purchasing the Renewed Dollar - Peacekeeping. It is now 93% sold. Don't be disappointed, it wont last much longer.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6567 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If your on the fence in purchasing the Renewed Dollar - Peacekeeping. It is now 93% sold. Don't be disappointed, it wont last much longer.

I think for all the previous coins of theses series, the asking price on the secondary market is higher, than issue price.
However, only for Voyageur SD people ready pay asking price.

Together with it, as mentioned above, better buy and consider to return, rather than be disappointed by not getting the coin.
Valued Member
Canada
426 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awaiting Stock.

EXCLUSIVE Masters Club 2 oz. Pure Silver Renewed Dollar - Peacekeeping.

Not surprised with mintage of only 2500.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2663 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2019  05:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only reason they sold out of the coin is they lowered the mintage from last years coin from 4000 to 2500. Last years coin took 2 months to see out and did not do well in the secondary market.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05