Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

November 2019 Release

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1206 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2019  7:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Funny that I received the mail out before I received anything in e-mail from this month's releases.

5 ounce with Christmas tree and train set $579.95
Raptors - as we've already seen
Gingerbread 'glass on coin' $139.95
The usual 'Christmas offerings' gift sets 19.95-34.95
Next year's Zodiac set $54.95/ea x 12
'The Canadian Horse' tribute $129.95 Gold and black (silver coin)
Ultra High Relief Gold with Canadian diamond- 1 oz - $3999.95
Louis Riel as seen before
V-nickle Bronze oversized (50mm) $59.95
Peace Keepers dollar silver 2-oz $194.95
40th Anniversary of GML fine gold, 5oz $12,999.95
11th of 'Canadian Fun' Aurora Borealis $49.95
3rd of the Motion filled series Golden Eagle $189.95
2019 Sagittarius $54.95
and finally, First CANADIAN Astronaut Marc Garneau 35 years ago... composition of Brass, Cupro Nickel and Bronze 50mm $39.95

Edited by Dcadon
10/28/2019 7:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4149 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2019  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the release info! I think the Riel SD (already ordered) will do it for me from this release.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
629 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone else find the 5oz Christmas Train coin appealing? Mintage of 1,000.

The toy train moves around the tree when you tilt the coin. Probably too gimmicky for some, but I like it.

I also like that they call it "Christmas Train" instead of the usual "holiday" whatever.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
893 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Looney4Numi

YUP I guess I fell for GIMMICKY LOL..... I ordered one this morning from RCM. I like it but why does the coin say 2020 instead of 2019?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1206 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got my 'Advanced Notice' in this mornings emails. - a day later then the Postal version. So much for a Masters Club advantage of advanced notice.

btw, the Gold coin with the diamond is already nearly sold out.
Valued Member
Canada
338 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Underwhelming list. If it were not for series continuity, I would not be purchasing anything.

The Christmas Train appears to be a re-imagining of the tech used for the carousel last year.
Valued Member
Canada
426 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
5 oz. Pure Silver Coin - Christmas Train - Mintage: 1,000

Is now awaiting stock. Look for it on the Coin show on the shopping channel. I'll probably purchase it from there as you get 3% cash back. $17.40 savings.:)
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6565 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is now awaiting stock. Look for it on the Coin show on the shopping channel. I'll probably purchase it from there as you get 3% cash back. $17.40 savings.:)

Only if you like.
Otherwise, no need to spend CAD 500+ to get CAD 20.

I want to see this one:

V-nickle Bronze oversized (50mm) $59.95

Coin? Medallion? What is on obverse.
Most significant, imo.
Edited by Silveroid
10/29/2019 4:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2660 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

If I do get it, I will buy from CC&C as they don't charge BC GST 7%. Save $40.60. I won't buy from Shopping Channel because they charge PST.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
893 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@MoneyPenny

CC&C sent out their VIP notice this afternoon. they have it in stock now. Just for your info.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1206 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
V-nickle is designed just like the original, with King George VI on the obverse and a big V on the reverse, but dated 2020.

Quote:
With the exception of a modern alloy, an updated bilingual coded message and a much larger size, this collectible piece of history is the culmination of our painstaking attempts to remain faithful to the original design introduced in 1943.

The morse' Coded message reads:

Quote:
WE WIN WHEN WE WORK WILLINGLY LA BONNE VOLONTÉ EST GAGE DE VICTOIRE
Edited by Dcadon
10/29/2019 4:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
629 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like it but why does the coin say 2020 instead of 2019?

@New1954

That's because it's meant for Ukrainian Christmas celebrations in January.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
629 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
5 oz. Pure Silver Coin - Christmas Train - Mintage: 1,000

Is now awaiting stock.

That was fast!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6565 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2019  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
V-nickle is designed just like the original, with King George VI on the obverse and a big V on the reverse, but dated 2020.

Thank you, Decadon
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2660 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2019  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Christmas Tree coin is officially sold out at the RCM. Did not even reach lower MC Tiers.
Valued Member
Canada
426 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2019  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Christmas Tree coin is officially sold out at the RCM. Did not even reach lower MC Tiers.

You can assure that Steven Bromberg has many for the upcoming Coin Show on TSC. Hence the quick sellout.
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05