Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

November 2019 Release

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
626 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2019  12:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Electrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool design but for the spinning connection-would it eventually need some lube to keep the train rolling?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
629 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2019  01:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This looks like the same mechanism used for the 2019 5oz Bumble Bee and The Bloom coin, using gravitational force to circle around the tree when the coin is tilted.

The train is not touching the coin nor rolling along the track. It's just balanced on a pivot point from the centre of the coin. I doubt that this would wear out, but you never know.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6566 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2019  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All sounds like Carousel coin.
Innovative, limited mintage, but being more "cool item" rather than coin for collection.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
626 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2019  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Electrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pivot point - endless possibilities with this invention.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
629 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2019  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the Christmas Train coin is cool and am happy to add it to my collection.

@New1954

I called RCM today, hoping to get an explanation about the year 2020 on this Christmas Train coin, but couldn't get a straight answer. Something to do with getting approval from the government, etc.

Same thing with the Multifaceted coins. The Wolf and Grizzly coins are dated 2019, but the Lynx coin is dated 2020. It's not that important to me, but I am curious.

Do any of you RCM experts know the answer?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
575 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2019  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I want to see this one:

V-nickle Bronze oversized (50mm) $59.95

Coin? Medallion? What is on obverse.
Most significant, imo.

This coin is available for pre-order, 50mm 54.09g bronze.

The split date on the reverse ("20" on the left and "20" on the right) may cause some confusion that this is a 20 cent coin. The 2005 VE 5-cent has full dates 1945 on left and 2005 on right.

Cheers!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
727 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2019  06:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've stopped buying NCLT from the Mint and I am taking monthly 'long weekend vacations' instead. I'm going to San Francisco this month, and Austin next month.

I got tired of watching my investments slowly walk their way back to bullion value. The price of gold/silver needs to rally dramatically before any of this was worth it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
893 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2019  06:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The shopping channel currently has the "Christmas Tree" coin up as well as the gold coin with the diamond in the centre in case some of you are interested.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2660 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is now awaiting stock. Look for it on the Coin show on the shopping channel. I'll probably purchase it from there as you get 3% cash back. $17.40 savings.:)

Sold out at the Shopping Channel. Won't make it to the Coin Show Tonight.

In fact, the Christmas Tree coin is sold old out everywhere.
Valued Member
Canada
426 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2019  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked one up as soon as it hit the web page very early (Order Date: Nov 5, 2019) on TSC. MoneyPenny, don't rule it out just yet. They still might have some reserved just for the Coin Show starting at 7PM eastern time tonight. Seen this happen before.
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05