Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Long Road To A Silver

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 564Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
168 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2019  5:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey there diggers!
It's been a couple of weeks of detecting some good some bad and none great sites. I made a few coin finds but the condition wasnt good enough to even consider posting them.
It's been quite a struggle to get my coil over a silver coin this fall...well until today lol
I've been finding enough coppers but silver has been elusive to me. Broke the trend with a Barber dime 1905 S, a decent fatty Indian head 1862, and finally a great old token, a nice Newfoundland Rutherford halfpenny token (1841) NF1A2.
This only the second example I've ever found in over two decades of detecting so I guess it shows you how few of these were out there in my area ( it's not Nfld lol)
Anyway, a few coins from someone else's shores today who knows where they'll come from tomorrow

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4005 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2019  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice digs congrats!
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
400 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2019  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tampabaygrampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds. Keep digging until the ground freezes. Enjoy!!
Valued Member
Canada
168 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2019  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks ffd and grampa
yep time is growing short...snow on the ground this morning!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
1931 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2019  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ironhorse...Great 'Pings'....Love the colouring of the Rutherford halfpenny token..Its a beauty!....
Interesting how are climates have the complete opposite effects on detecing..
Here in the summer its sooooo hot +40C and the ground changes into concrete!..
Winters on its way and we've had a bit of rain, the soil has softened...My season is about to start
Valued Member
Canada
168 Posts
 Posted 11/10/2019  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks pal
The patina turned out great, kinder soil at that site
It's hot in the summer here but the fields I detect in are planted with crops..the spring and autumn are our time
Winter lasts 3-4 months and the soil is frozen...time to collect coins lol
I hope your detecting season is successful
Pillar of the Community
Canada
840 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2019  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sarkany to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find on the Rutherford. last one I found was bent into a love token. They are rare indeed and good luck on your next outing!
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 564Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05