Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Box Of Dimes 2019 P

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  2:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dan John Longano to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just received a box of un-circulated 2019 P. Are there any known errors? What should I do to make the most of this?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30430 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look for errors,varieties and high grade. Save a couple rolls unopened with heads on one end and tails on the other end.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1157 Posts
 Posted 11/20/2019  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are in the same situation I was in with my 50 rolls of 2019 cents. I found the task daunting. After opening a few rolls and finding some irregularities I was told my eyes were playing tricks on me and I decided I was overwhelmed and was going to take John1's wise advice and salt them away. Search as much you can on 2019 dimes here on CCF and look for those errors. Save some away as John1 suggested in an airtight very dry environment.
Best of luck to you, and to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18739 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A long time ago I used to save all new rolls of coins. Then one day I said to myself, are you nuts. Could have been getting interest in a bank. Now just rolls of coins no one wants. I tried selling them at a coin show and was told only face value so into a bank they all went. Maybe today after about 30 years they would have been worth a lot but do you want to wait that long?
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
810 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2019  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it depends on your situation. If you can sit on the box, do like 5 rolls a day and go over them and search for errors or perfection.

if you cant sit on the box for like a week you can try to burn through them to turn them in but you might miss something, and it's going to wear you out in no time looking at 2000+ dimes and get careless.

There's nothing known I dont' think, but there could always be a capped die strike or clashed die in there or a cud or die break.

I got tired of searching solid boxes of 2018s to the point I just unwrap them to dump them in the coin counter and don't even bother.
Valued Member
United States
91 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2019  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TwistedTrader to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got the same problem! I'm the proud owner of 60 rolls of 2018 pennies. Is it too much to ask a teller for the circulated box of pennies? What exactly do you say to a teller to get a good box of pennies?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30430 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2019  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ask for customer wrapped rolls.
John1
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2019  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dan John Longano to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I kept one unopened roll, and found and kept a very good one, then returned the rest. Under normal circumstances I would have gone through the entire box ( I did that with a box of un-circulated 2019 P nickels ).My Daughter had $229.00 of coins,nickels, dimes, pennies, and quarters, that she wanted to unload, so I jumped on that. That should keep me busy for a few weeks, and I'll have lot's of fun doing it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30430 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2019  05:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just went through about $300 in mixed coins from my sister's coin bottle like I do every year. I count and wrap them for her,of course I have to look through them all first . The best find this time was a 1984-D DDO-002.
John1
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2019  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dan John Longano to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find John.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
30430 Posts
 Posted 11/26/2019  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dan.
John1
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05