Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Share The Rarest Coin/Coins In Your Collection.

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
369 Posts
 Posted 12/19/2019  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EarlyTurban to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd have to give the nod to my 1799 Half Eagle. PCGS has graded 86 in all grades/varieties, and NGC has graded 89, for a total of 175. Variety-wise, this is the much scarcer "Large Stars Reverse" variety. PCGS discerns between the "Large" & "Small" star varieties, having graded 60 "Small" and 26 "Large" stars.

Original mintage: 7,451

ET
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7561 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2019  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Levinson claims this coin (Levinson III-221, Frey 391) is of rarity "R", meaning there are an "estimated 21-50 pieces collectible".

Duchy of Gelderland / Malines -- double briquet[vuurijzer], 1492:

Edited by pepactonius
12/21/2019 5:51 pm
Learn More...
United States
82516 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1732 Posts
 Posted 12/22/2019  7:19 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well it just happens to the same date for my 2 rarest coins 1882
the 1st is a double die and what makes this one rare is af far as I know there are none higher grade for this already scarce coin and the 2nd would e the 1882 triple hub coin as far as I know there are 11 known both were found on Ebay with in the last 2-3 years

please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
Learn More...
United States
82516 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6136 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2019  08:26 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is one of my scarcer coins - Monaco, 5 francs 1975. Mintage: 14,000. Obtained at face value from a bank in Monaco in 1977!
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05