Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943 DDO? 1983 Double Monticello? Some Advice Would Really Be Appreciated ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 288Next Topic  
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  7:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SomeGreatLuster to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone,

I have been "cherry picking" coins the last month and am not so sure any more if they are what I thought they were so wanted a second opinion.

I have been picking up coins here and there and I thoughtI was just getting really lucky real quickly until I had amassed quiet a few varieties within a short period and thought I better check these out. It seemed like every single coin I was looking at as long as it was merely the right year then it happened to be "the" doubled die FS101 rarity and going over them again am not sure anymore.

1943 DDO quarter,1942 P Nickel FS801, 939 doubled monitcello, (3) 1943 DDO Nickels fs 106, 1983ddr, 1970s DDO cent, 1969S and D cent DDO, and more all recently lie within the past few weeks. Also I have had this Flying Eagle forever that is doubled I am not sure what kind of doubling though.

I have done research and looked at Doubleddie.com another community member mentioned, but still honestly have trouble differentiating doubled dies with Machine Doubling or other sort. The 1943 Jefferson doesn't have split serifs but is definitely doubled, and the 1939 looks doubled to me but has some of that flat kind of squished lettering someone told me was Machine Doubling...

Don''t know if I should have different post for each coin but included a couple. Thanks you guys.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
26893 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How much did you spend on these coins? They aren't Doubled Dies unfortunately. They are just normal coins. The first Nickel shows some Machine Doubling I think.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  05:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SomeGreatLuster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi. Thanks for trying to help out I appreciate it. The most I paid was $8 or $9 I think for the quarter but those were to finish a set I am trying to complete. The Washington 32-98 + proofs. The cents I found coin hunting through piles of old change. The nickels I paid $6 to $7 each and those I thought were doubled dies so I thought I was getting a bargain.

Okay , so you are not sure? Or what makes you think that they are not doubled dies? That would help me out as I am trying to learn.

I have done more research on the nickel and asked around and am pretty sure (though not positive) you are incorrect in your statement that they are normal coins and not doubled dies. I included post and would like to get your opinion on them?

I think that collectors on forums at times do not know the disservice they do to the community when they make blanket off the cuff statements that could potentially effect others even to the extent of their lively hood as we all know coins are used at times as investments and a way to earn a living. I do appreciate your intentions, I assume were good and just trying to help, although at times I get the feeling that members feel better putting people down then bringing them up. Thats a minority though and this for the most part is a good forum. Sorry , went way off topic, but appreciate you as no one else seemed to mind much so thank you. Maybe Ill post one of them again and hopefully I can get some more opinions.

Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 288Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05