Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1990 No S Lincoln Memorial Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
37 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  10:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add calradix to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I need some help. I have several 1990 pennies without the mint mark. Now, I do know that there are Philadelphia without the mint marking.

My question is to 4 particular coins (the ones shown above the rest)..

Any help is appreciated!

United States
37 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2019  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add calradix to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the quality of the photographs here is bad
Pillar of the Community
United States
895 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  01:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All the coins in the picture are spenders. You need to look for a 1990 S PROOF COIN missing the mintmark. The chances of finding this PROOF in a roll is SLIM to NONE. You'll need to check MINT SETS for this one. Happy Hunting.

Edited by Daves Errors
12/05/2019 10:49 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10569 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  01:29 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
None of the four appear to be proofs.
"Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee."
-Bender B. Rodriguez
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20400 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2019  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the quality of the photographs here is bad

The quality is just fine if you crop and upload just the coin.

Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2019  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jonnin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its tricky to take good coin pics, but things that will help you..
1) a solid background. A busy background like your paper towels adds lots of data that isn't important. Jpeg and similar formats do better if they can lump large parts of the image together as same color.
2) crop down to just 1 coin per pic.
3) watch the lighting. Its hard to deal with shiny things.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05