Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Inexpensive Pocket Scale And USB Microscope To Get Started With?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 750Next Topic  

United States
46 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2019  11:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CozyCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey, everybody. I'm looking to buy these two things. Couch Collectibles has a 100g pocket scale that I'm considering buying here: https://couchcollectibles.com/colle...ocket-scale. I could buy one less elsewhere for less, but I would like to support him since he's given me a lot of great info. I still want a good one so I'm open to other options. His USB microscope is sold out and the price is too high for me right now anyway. I want both to be simple, not huge, and does a solid all around job. Eventually I might get something more high end, but for now I just want to get started and also get used to and be familiarized with these things.
Edited by CozyCoin
12/12/2019 11:57 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34683 Posts
 Posted 12/13/2019  04:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For a scale it should go down to 0.001 not 0.01. Scope needs to go as low as possible and no higher than about 150x.You can get a scope for $20 and up,way up so shop around.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CozyCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, John! I haven't seen a lot of .001 scales yet on Amazon. I saw this one: https://smile.amazon.com/Zilink-Mil...50775&sr=8-4

Does that seem good? Which one do you use?

Also, any particular suggestions for a microscope? I'm new to this, so I can use all the help I can get while doing my own research!
Edited by CozyCoin
12/14/2019 2:16 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34683 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That scale seems ok. I use a cheapo 0.01 and wish I had saved a bit more for the 0.001. How much do you want to spend on a scope?
John1
Edited by John1
12/14/2019 7:15 pm
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CozyCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It depends. I can't afford any high end models at the moment, I just want a solid one. I'll say $40 tops.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34683 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am looking at Amazon and found this,I am just suggesting it not recommending it https://www.amazon.com/Koolertron-M.../B07XJ495N7/

Whatever scope you get there will be a big learning curve with the lighting and the stand.
John1
Edited by John1
12/14/2019 4:57 pm
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CozyCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! Do USB microscopes typically take good pictures so others can see the details of my coins?
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2019  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CozyCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm looking at this one now from Plugable: https://smile.amazon.com/Plugable-M...bGljaz10cnVl

It has a lot of reviews and has an average of four stars. The one from Koolertron that you linked me to for five cents more has seven reviews. It COULD be better or the same, but I'm gonna go with something with a lot more and on an average good reviews unless someone can convince me otherwise before I get ready to sleep which is very soon.
Edited by CozyCoin
12/14/2019 11:54 pm
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2019  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CozyCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went with the ZILINK scale and Plugable microscope. Thanks, John.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 750Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05