Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wow! What A Bill To Find Or Discover

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,653Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...

United States
3150 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  07:07 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I thought that I would post a link to a CaC post, since that site gets very little forum traffic:

*** Edited by Staff - Link removed due to many reports of Trojan Alerts ***

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1578 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That would be a rare find lots of 0's
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50564 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a great one!
Valued Member
Canada
404 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SelectCoinCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not a banknote expert but I have handled a pair of 1954 $5 with matching prefix and serial number 9999999 and 10000000. I was told the last 0's on the 10,000,000 notes were applied by hand as they could not accommodate the extra digit in the printing process. You could tell whoever applied them had a heavy hand, they were heavily embossed and slightly bolder from the pressure applied. I am not questioning the authenticity of this $2 but I notice the last digits are nearly perfect.

Grading will come into effect but easily $5000 and up if uncirculated. One thing to remember is this note would have been at the top or bottom of a bundle so wear just from shipping and handling is possible.

Edited to add link to $5 notes discussed above: https://www.icollector.com/1954-Ban...es_i17236095
Edited by SelectCoinCanada
01/02/2020 08:57 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3150 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The link was to the CoinsandCanada website coin and notes foorum
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8097 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a coin or Colonial token
Should be in the Canadian banknote forum here.
Been around for about a year.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
01/02/2020 10:40 am
Learn More...
United States
90183 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Should be in the Canadian banknote forum here.
Moved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3150 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry ... never knew there was a separate forum for paper. Or else I forgot!
Valued Member
Canada
56 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lightw4re to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trojan? Not at all..

Look at the links below Latest discussions on this page:

*** Edited by Staff - I've gotten over 25 separate reports of it and my Malwarebytes goes nuts too. Do NOT post it again. ***
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4596 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Send it to BCS for grading, then put it on ebay, you will get more than 5000 for this cool note, but it must be graded to get full value.
Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add alain2809 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello folks
I am the owner of the $2 bill. I've look all around for finding information about that prefix and serial number without finding anything. I will certainly make an evaluation on it. Came directly for the bank of canada never circulate condition new.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4596 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forgot to mention graders BCS is in Kitchener, Ontario, CCCS is in or around the Montreal area
Learn More...
United States
90183 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
812 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2020  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
alain2809 welcome and what a beautiful note have there, congratulations!!

Cheers Bill
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1062 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3150 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2020  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't use CCCS or ICCS (if they do notes). BCS or US TPG would be best to certify it.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,653Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05