Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Certficate Identification And Value

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
199 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2019  11:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I hope this is the place to put my non railroad certificates.
Again, can I ask for help on identifying any of value?
When they don't appear to have been cashed or sold, do they still have original value, or still redeemable?
These are the rest of what I got at an estate sale because I liked them and one was for a Nevada company and I live in Nevada.

Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  03:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Again, can I ask for help on identifying any of value?
When they don't appear to have been cashed or sold, do they still have original value, or still redeemable?

Well, this particular thread is devoted to sugar-related stocks, but I can still answer your questions. Most of these have no vignettes (illustrations) which makes them less desirable to collectors. But the Harroun Motors stock is potentially a big find. I'm not an expert in automobile stocks, but the companies that weren't around very long are sought after and Harroun was only around a few years. There is one for sale now for $295 -- https://scripophily.net/hamostce.html. I think that's pretty optimistic, but it's likely to bring well over $100.

The others I don't see much value in, maybe a few bucks each. No there would be no redemption value, unless you are the owner listed on the certificate. And very likely these are all defunct at this point.
Edited by GregAlex
01/01/2020 03:39 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
199 Posts
 Posted 01/01/2020  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the information, and sorry for posting in wrong spot.
Maybe a Moderator can move it to the correct thread so I don't mess up your thread.
CCF is the first and only forum I've ever been a part of, still learning how to use it, and proper etiquette, and what all the little buttons or images do.
Thank you for your patience.
Learn More...
United States
84018 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe a Moderator can move it to the correct thread so I don't mess up your thread.
These replies have been split into their own topic.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
199 Posts
 Posted 01/02/2020  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck!
Learn More...
United States
84018 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4529 Posts
 Posted 01/03/2020  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Snoopydoo, go to Google and do some searching.
The Harroun certificate was easy to find and with some prices
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2020  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the spin-off jbuck!
Learn More...
United States
84018 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05