Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Help Congressional Half

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
68 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2020  6:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coinindrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a 1989 congressional set that has a gold toned S mint half dollar
Is this common for coins or something that could increase the value
Thanks for opinions

Edited by Coinindrum
01/05/2020 11:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7987 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2020  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is common for these coins. The toning happens because of the way that the coin was stored.
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2020  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinindrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you @CoinCollecter2012
I appreciate your input , I have had a hard time identifying this one and could only see on other on EBay it looked like they had a golden tinted Denver mint and just wanted to be sure . I would hate to put it up for action and find out later it was a rare coin in the set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
609 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2020  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately the original mint encapsulations (holder) are far from air-tight. Although they have come a long way from the seventies and eighties case where coins "as minted" become scarce. I own the set you reference and mine is a touch darker than when I bought it from the mint.

By the way, Welcome!
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2020  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinindrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks @Ballyhoo I am on the fence to keep or action ,because of the two five dollar gold pieces , who knows what the price might be in another ten years.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05