Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is There Any Way This Is A Proof 1902 IHC ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Learn More...

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  10:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rcmartin1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This coin is quite detailed. Is it possible it is a proof ? I will also send pics of a nice business strike I have for comparison. First set of pictures are the ones I'm talking about. In hand it looks like a possible retoned coin but I am leaning toward not. Thanks for any input you all may have !

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3173 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2020  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1903 Regular Business Strike with enviro issues .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10547 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  12:39 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's just a nice business strike. What are those lines running across the cheek?
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius
"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain
"Language is the source of misunderstandings."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Learn More...
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rcmartin1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lines were there when I got it. I imagine a light scrape of some sort by a previous owner. Thanks for your responses. How do you distinguish proof vs. business strike ? Are denticles different ? Thanks - Bob
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12626 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a proof . Nice brown AU , seems to be a deep scratch or hit on face near mouth and nose . I would give it a good application of Verdi-Care .

Quote:
Thanks for your responses. How do you distinguish proof vs. business strike ? Are denticles different ? Thanks - Bob

Mainly the rims are not squared off . They a rounded indicating business strike . There shouldn't be scratches or spots ,marks if it were a proof unless it was an impaired proof which this is not .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
684 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a proof
Learn More...
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rcmartin1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone - I figured business strike but wasn't sure and didn't want to list it incorrectly if I sell it.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05