Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1940 D Nickel Opinions Please.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 320Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
78 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2020  01:47 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Djrob to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I was looking through my nickels again I came across this 1940d and I noticed that the designer initials weren't at where they were supposed to be so I started looking around and my buddy notice something I took a picture of it if I can get in closer for you guys I would but I'm pretty I'm pretty sure that's it let me know what you guys think. Thanks again for all the comments and the help you guys give

Pillar of the Community
United States
715 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2020  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oijogja to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry no one replied to your post, Drjob. Photos are a bit unclear, but I think I can still see the initials actually. I think they've just been obfuscated, mostly by circulation wear and probably some from die wear. The closeup of Jefferson's hair is post-mint damage from what I can tell. Hope this helps.
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 320Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05