Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1969 D Nickel Broken Die Error

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  06:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nibor0313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My pictures don't match right to this system or something that original cropped photo is not the entire image and actually looks way zoomed in....because I'm only taking the pictures with a tablet, not a micro scope...but I'll figure it out
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  08:40 am  Show Profile   Check chrisof4's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chrisof4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photo editing can be a real challenge. What type of tablet are you using (an iPad, Android, or something else?) I might be able to help if you are using an iPad. If it is Android, some of the other people here can probably help.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8063 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will have to wait until we get full pictures to verify but it may be a
strike through, that is why there is variying stages of damage.
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2020  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nibor0313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm using a samsung tablet, it's not mine, it takes good pictures but they're way to big for here I guess because three quarters of the actual pictures get cropped of....as far as a strike thru....I don't know the error seems to have started with a pretty big die crack across his hair in the succession....I'll try to get pictures it's the centering for the crop I have to work on....now that reverse photo my girl friend cropped for me....either way these coins are very cool...I wish I could show the whole progression of this thing
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2020  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sir Derrin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a very interesting thread I hope you can get the pictures figured out...

When you said old roll was it a mint roll/bank roll or ?

Inquiring minds want to know...
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  02:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nibor0313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It doesn't have bank markings or mint markings it says Abbott Coin Counting Co Greenwich Conn.?
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  03:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nibor0313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK this is even more weird I just looked that company up and got some hand cranked antique....what the heck does that mean?
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  03:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nibor0313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An experiment.... https://photos.app.(Offsite URL shortening not allowed-G) /r6kRXgvgF2EJq3Yk8
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  05:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nibor0313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey if you want to see the whole picture of this coin g9 over to Blue ridge Silver Hound I posted it to the comments section for his new Strike Thru video....it's almost the entire coin...
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2020  05:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nibor0313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't mean to be presumptuous....but I'm naming these nickels (( Phantom )), entirely appropriate I'd say.... I love these coins...
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05