Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

German Notgeld Collector Of 46 Years, From Uk.

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 366 / Views: 11,870Next Topic
Page: of 25
Pillar of the Community

United Kingdom
562 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  07:24 am Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi!
I'm from the UK and have just joined your forum, having chatted to CCF member 'Lucky Cuss'. I am currently writing an article for my notgeld website about the artist Franz Juettner, who Lucky Cuss has told me he is interested about. If I can assist anyone else with their notgeld (emergency money) notes, I'm here to hopefully be able to assist you. I really only collect non-metallic notgeld................the great raft of paper issues and the linen, silk and such like pieces! Date range of my collecting expertise is notgeld issues of 1914-1923/4.
Happy collecting to all of you in your specific areas of interest.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34757 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  08:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
562 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  08:33 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John! - thanks from me here in a cold but sunny Cheshire.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
562 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  08:41 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
.......here is the reverse side of the red note (which happens to be a scarce variant piece because it is usually yellow), which shows the artist's name 'F Juettner 21' -: Franz Juettner .....along with the date of issue of this serienscheine notgeld piece from Braunsweig.(1921)
Learn More...
United States
88777 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
562 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  09:47 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I used to run a forum on my notgeld site but all I got was hassle, rudeness and people asking me for free valuations on notes they had acquired and just wanted to sell. It doesn't run any more needless to say. Collecting is not about making a quick buck. Its a passion that only collectors can understand. What are your specific collecting areas? Its good to chat.........
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34757 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
notgeldman,
It was 1 above 0 F this morning.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
562 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  10:02 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Before people ask, here is the more usual or 'common' yellow coloured front to the piece in my initial post. Issued by the 'Braunschweig Kraftverkehrsgesellschaft m b H' - the Braunschweig Motor Transport Company. Face value was for 1.60 marks, with an additional note issued that had revalued face value down to 50pf.......another issue just for the collector!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
562 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  10:09 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We had -3 earlier this morning but as a cyclist, the sun is always good to see but not on icy roads and lanes.......even mid afternoon. Don't think I'll be out today or tomorrow.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16006 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
562 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2020  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
562 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  06:49 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some notgeld were issued from re-used items. Here for example, is a hyper-inflationary notgeld piece from Husum that was issued on the back of a lottery ticket!
The face value of 500,000m has been over-printed to 10 miliarden mark (10,000,000,000m)! It had a validity period of just 2 weeks.........issued on 15 August 1923 and valid until 31 August 1923. The over-print would have been made later than those dates, towards the end of 1923. This piece has a red serial number (usually they are black on these types). The original lottery ticket price was 5m.

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
562 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  07:06 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
....here is the original 500,000 mark piece:

.....and here are the other overprinted pieces with face values of 20 & 50 milliarden marks:

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
562 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  07:12 am  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have any notgeld related questions that I might be able to help you with? I very much enjoy assisting people with their notgeld and notgeld collections. I might be able to throw some light on an issue or note you are seeking further information on. Let's give it a go. If I can't help, I'll say that......If I can, we will all hopefully be a bit better off with the knowledge.
Learn More...
United States
88777 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This topic has now been moved to a more appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
562 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Check notgeldman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your assistance with my postings @jbuck
Page: of 25 Previous TopicReplies: 366 / Views: 11,870Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05