Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019-P 1 WDDO-007 Need ID Help Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1816 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  12:19 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Need help to confirm this one as WDDO-007
http://doubleddie.com/2474337.html

Note Y (weak arm right)

note thick 9

the die marker matches too

Going through my box of all 2019 cents, I have many of this error variety, plus others I have yet to identify
Edited by merclover
01/24/2020 06:50 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
31901 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  05:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The thick 9 is common. Can't tell for sure about LIBERTY.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1816 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  06:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1, here's the description:2019 1 WMDO-001 Doubled Master Die Description: Significant extra thickness shows on the 9 in the date. It applies to all the MDO.
Pillar of the Community
United States
846 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
can you get closer pictures. To me the Date is not looking like a match!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1816 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  06:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
enlarged date added
Pillar of the Community
United States
2687 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely not WDDO-007, there is no extra thickness on the date of your coin (other than the master die doubling on the 9).

Photos aren't good enough to see if there is any slight extra thickness on LIBERTY.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1816 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wexler's

My coin

Wexler's

My coin

Wexler's

Mmy coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
2687 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The pics from Wexler you provided are WDDO-004. Except for the last one which is the doubled master die image.

I don't see extra thickness on your coin. And the die chips aren't even close.
Pillar of the Community
United States
846 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2020  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also if someone asking for clear closer pictures please try to provide them. Posting other pictures and putting yours next to them shows nothing. Better pictures and closer are needed in posting coins to be looked at by others for an evaluation THANKS.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1816 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  03:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obviously I'm seeing Wexler's differently than you guys. I tried matching Wexlers to mine that was my only reason for the photo pairings. The Y in Liberty was similar being weak to the right arm and I thought my date was dead on, but I guess not. I knew die chips were not in the exact same place as Wexler, but I thought my coin showed deterioration in the upper part of the shield therefore similar. I was asking for identification help.

I'll just return these new cents to the bank and stick to the older coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
715 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oijogja to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd encourage you not to give up on the modern coins. It takes a while to learn to see the differences, and it's a frustrating learning curve to overcome sometimes. Do whatever makes you happy, but I for one am happy to see more of your 2019 finds that you pulled out. I suspect there are a lot of people that don't actually speak here that learn from stuff like that.
everything else
Pillar of the Community
United States
1017 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2020  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Oijogja.
(But those last 9's are frustating for the year.)
Don't give up on 'em.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05