Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Royal Canadian Mint - 1976 Inauguration Medal Of Winnipeg Plant

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 596Next Topic  
Learn More...
Canada
9313 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  3:13 pm Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Picked this one up recently. First time I have seen one of these.

"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4702 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neat medal! Congrats on the pickup. Definitely a nice piece of RCM exonumia.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2020  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PennyBox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just for interest sake here are a couple of RCM exonumia that I have in my collection.

Nickel Version

Copper Version

2000 version

Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rcm1975 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hi spp-ottawa, that's a nice Winnipeg medallion
Learn More...
United States
91042 Posts
Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rcm1975 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Canada
3 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rcm1975 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is also the gold-plated and .500 silver RCM Ottawa/Winnipeg medallions, which are listed in Charlton, but I also found out that there is at least a 5th type

Antique finish

However, I have absolutely no information about this 5th type. Does anyone?

Edited by rcm1975
09/29/2020 4:50 pm
Learn More...
Canada
9313 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
hi spp-ottawa, that's a nice Winnipeg medallion

Hi rcm1975,

I spent the good part of the day searching my basement - I cannot find my extra 1976 Winnipeg token (I probably sold it already and had forgotten about it). I do have another one, but it resides in my collection and is not for sale.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Learn More...
Canada
9313 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There is also the gold-plated and .500 silver RCM Ottawa/Winnipeg medallions, which are listed in Charlton, but I also found out that there is at least a 5th type

This 5th one (antique finish) is interesting - I never have seen or heard of it, I'll update my notes.

The .500 silver one is very, very hard to find - it was issued in a blue case with the other three common types (nickel, bronze and gold-plated). I have only ever seen one (which is in my collection).

By the way, are you aware that I am the person who wrote the exonumia section in the back of that Charlton catalogue a couple years ago?

My eBay store
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 596Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05