Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Collecting Silver Dollar Size Coins From Other Countries Minted By Us

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  4:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dynotech to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I am thinking about collecting US minted coins for other countries, especially during war times. An example would be my avatar. A 1944 Netherlands island nation of Caraco minted in Denver.

Looking for ways to search for these and maybe a checklist of some-kind.

Thanks,
Dynoo

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2721 Posts
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2020  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dynotech to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's awesome! And I bet we did more then just those countries.
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  05:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PCGS has a registry set for the world coins minted by the USA that lists them all. It's one of the cooler sets in my opinion.

https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/mu...osition/4824
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4269 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2020  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a few Cuban One Peso coins you might consider. Each was struck at the Philadelphia Mint on the same planchets as used for the US Peace dollar.

Learn More...
United States
82574 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's a few Cuban One Peso coins ... struck at the Philadelphia Mint on the same planchets as used for the US Peace dollar.
Fantastic!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19073 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2020  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Odd that Germany, Japan and Italy were not on that list from the 1940's.
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16248 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2020  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Each was struck at the Philadelphia Mint on the same planchets as used for the US Peace dollar.

Same standards, but for the years shown they wouldn't be on Peace dollar planchets because there were no Peace dollars in those years. Now for the 1934 and 35 Pesos, yes those could have been on Peace dollar planchets.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2020  2:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dynotech to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Odd that Germany, Japan and Italy were not on that list from the 1940's.

LOL!

Reminds me that USA made mosin nagants for Russia in 1918 during their civil war with the zsar. The Remington plant in Illion NY made many. Can you imagine USA making weapons today for Russia? War and politics do indeed make strange bedfellows.

Quote:
Same standards, but for the years shown they wouldn't be on Peace dollar planchets because there were no Peace dollars in those years. Now for the 1934 and 35 Pesos, yes those could have been on Peace dollar planchets.

That's what I am looking for. Large dollar and 90% silver or even 40% would be my preference to collect.
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2020  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dynotech to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's a few Cuban One Peso coins you might consider. Each was struck at the Philadelphia Mint on the same planchets as used for the US Peace dollar.

I was looking at the pics and can't tell if there are any mint marks. With the Netherlands gulden that in my avatar there is a D mint mark on the back.

That's what I love to show people is some identification right on the coin that it was minted in the USA.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1443 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2020  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silverwolf posted a good link. I use it all the time. Most coins minted in the US for other countries do not have a mint mark
Pillar of the Community
United States
900 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2020  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Panama's currency is tied to the USD at a 1-1 rate. Therefore the US Mint struck many coins for them.
Cuba was economically tied to the U.S. until 1934.
Currently interested in buying 1957 and earlier Russian and Soviet coins. Let me know if you have any and we can hook up a deal!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05