Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Henry VIII Groat (1526-1544)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Australia
25 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  2:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add frank wasson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Would somebody in the Coin Community be able to provide some kind of grade and value to the pictured Henry viii groat? Frank

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12450 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7518 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  7:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin might get better visibility by the experts over in the Ancients/Medieval subforum, or perhaps the UK subforum.

That's a great coin pic, BTW.
Edited by pepactonius
01/27/2020 7:43 pm
Australia
25 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add frank wasson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How does one post to the Ancients/Medieval subforum or, for that matter, the UK subforum? I don't find it straightforward to make a simple post on any CoinCommunity Forum.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7518 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In this case, perhaps you could convince a CCF staff member (mod) to move the thread to one of those two subforums (they do this all the time).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2957 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think a U.S. grading service would put this coin in the low EF range, judging the soft areas due to weakness of strike rather than wear. In particular, the reverse is very strong.
I would set a floor at $300. Your coin easily tops the examples in the link that sold at 280 to 350 AUD.
This monarch's coins are ever-popular.
https://www.coinarchives.com/w/resu...&results=100
Edited by tdziemia
01/27/2020 8:48 pm
Australia
25 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add frank wasson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I paid 400 GPB's [about US$525] for it. It's not a unreasonable price, though I wish I got it for more of a bargain price as I got my Elizabeth I sixpence (earlier thread) for.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2957 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. I think your portrait is as good as the top coin in that coinarchives link (and that buyer had fees on top of the posted price), and I think this is what you pay for with a Henry VIII coin.

I dropped almost as much for a super Henry VII coin a couple of years ago. It was an act of love... my wife has a small collection of Tudor and Stuart monarchs, and wanted to upgrade from a Henry VII half groat.

Learn More...
United States
82324 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How does one post to the Ancients/Medieval subforum or, for that matter, the UK subforum? I don't find it straightforward to make a simple post on any CoinCommunity Forum.
I have moved it.

In the future, you may use the "Report this Post to the Staff" link located in the lower right corner of each post.
Learn More...
United States
22814 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super coin, excellent portrait. I've been wanting one of these but they are expensive.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05