Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Could This Be A 1916 Matte Red Proof LWC The Rim Is Very Sharp

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 552Next Topic  

United States
35 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  4:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Amunoz91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I know it's a long shot but the rim has a very sharp edge on it and has a red tint that's hard to see on camera but in person does look a lil redish
Edited by Amunoz91
01/27/2020 4:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8089 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, but it looks like just a regular 1916 cent to me. It's worth about 3 cents in this condition.

to the forum!
Sets in progress... Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
Learn More...
United States
86481 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1941 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a beat up 1916 cent IMHO
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amunoz91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's what I was thinking but I have another 1916 coin and the rim is more rounded then this one but sure it's just a normal coin #128542; thanks everyone
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13448 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
15252 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17001 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect that the edge may have been tooled slightly, = PMD.
Very accurate check for diameter needed to confirm.

Coin too worn to be of any real value.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6814 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2020  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF.

You'll find we are a friendly bunch - and also very knowledgable.

The opinions rendered above come from true numismatic experts.

Hope you stick around and share some more.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16454 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2020  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a regular cent.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 552Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05