Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

February 2020 RCM Release

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 5,526Next Topic
Page: of 4
Valued Member
Canada
245 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The RCM is also giving a little info on the next 3 MC coins.

May 2020 Underwater Radiance Mintage: 2,500
September 2020 Iconic Maple Leaves Mintage: 4,500
November 2020 Silver Dollar Mintage: 2,500
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6609 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Honestly, very tough to tell, what is the best way, and I understand Mint, trying different paths:

1 MC coin per year - not enough

4 MC coins - yeah, sounds good, but with this amount they are not so exclusive.

As for non MC, I received "New Product" mail, with the
"O Canada" 2020 subscription / set.
There are 6 or 10 (don't remember) 1/2 oz coins designed by various artists, and the card, suppose to be signed by all. 10000 mintage per each coin.
All coins placed in cardboard box style of 2015 O Canada set.
Priced CAD 49.99 (?!) per coin.
They reveal design of first two and they look very good (to get them as singles).
One of these 2 coins - Maple Leaf(s) (cool design, very fits 2011-2019 Maple Leaf Forever series), which may explain, why we didn't have this coin in February release.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
589 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They reveal design of first two and they look very good (to get them as singles).
One of these 2 coins - Maple Leaf(s) (cool design, very fits 2011-2019 Maple Leaf Forever series), which may explain, why we didn't have this coin in February release.

@Silveroid, Maple Leaf Forever is an excellent series and I hope (pray) it continues as a single clamshell coin. $49.95 for 1/2oz silver is unrealistic IMHO.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6609 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, as per price - I think Mint justifies it by Free Shipping, Free Cardboard Case and Signed Card

Here the pictures:

**Ottawa is great, Maples - excellent.
I suspect, the rest will be average.

And if RCM discontinued with 1/2oz Maples Forever, I will get this one (no doubt it will be available as single)
Edited by Silveroid
02/20/2020 11:32 am
Valued Member
Canada
370 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:
10000 mintage per each coin

This is not going to be a set that sells out quickly. The mintage and price are too high. I like the Maples and Parliament buildings but feel no compelling need to buy now.

I will give this a couple of years and pick up at auction for 50% of the issue price. The coins are attractive enough that it will not undersell (<500 purchased) ... this is likely to be available at discount soon enough. Most of the Maple leaf forever and prior Oh Canada sets can be purchased below issue price these days also so this is likely to follow the trend.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
630 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Electrum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Exclusive MC 100th anniversary of Alex Colville's birth - half-dollar gone on RCM website but could be available at some dealers - hope those who wanted it - got it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2697 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Exclusive MC 100th anniversary of Alex Colville's birth - half-dollar gone on RCM website but could be available at some dealers - hope those who wanted it - got it.

From page 2 of this thread:

Unlike previous coins, dealers won't have access to any of these coins.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2834 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if anyone bought one or can buy one, I would love to add it to my collection, please let me know, if you have one to sell. thanks in advance.
Canada
11 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steve309 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Master Club coin is back in stock for the time being
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2697 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  1:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Master Club Colville is out of stock again.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 55 / Views: 5,526Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05