Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Getting The Bug Again After Many Years

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  10:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add vonhinx to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

Just discovering all the resources available on the internet for this hobby. It's pretty amazing.

I collected in my pre-teens and early teens back in the mid to late 80s. Mostly going through rolls from our local bank and buying from the Lincoln cent circulated trays at the closest coin store an hour away.

Somehow 30+ years passed in the blink of an eye . . .

My parents moved out of my childhood home and unloaded all of the crap us kids had been storing there since we left. My items included a large box that had all my blue Whitman folders and the random tins and boxes are stored my collection in.

I leafed through all the coins, taking a trip down memory lane and discovered to my surprise that those dang folders corroded every silver coin I put into them.

For the past couple weeks I have been transferring everything to 2x2 mylar cardboard flips and sliding them into the 4x5 sheets that I picked up from Amazon. Nothing of value of value of course, but I am having a good time.

And I am getting the bug again . . . only I have a bit bigger budget than my lawn mowing jobs. LOL

Craig
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13413 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Learn More...
United States
83971 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5053 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16637 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  11:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have had the 'bug' for all of my adult life, which is many decades more than I would care to admit.
My learning curve is still steep because my numismatic horizons are still expanding into new areas of numismatics.

I am a widow now, after nearly 40 years of the happiest marriage that a man and a woman can experience.
Nevertheless, she is gone, and so are my kids, who are all very happily married for more than a decade themselves.
As far as numismatics is concerned, it doesn't matter even one little bit, if your previous life experiences have been excellent or crap.
What is important, is how you engage your brain now,
and my lifetime passion for coin collecting is my vehicle for doing exactly that, besides also keeping socially, physically and mentally active in lots of other ways.

It is essential that you remain proactive.
Member here in the CCF, member of three social clubs, member of three car clubs, play senior sport regularly, travel the World occasionally,
and actively maintain my Christian Faith.
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonhinx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sel,

I am sorry to hear of your loss. I am only 10 years into my marriage (come May) and cannot imagine what it must be like to lose the most valuable piece of my life.

Let me know if you ever need anything.

Craig
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16637 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Craig:-
I took a proactive decision to completely redesign my life.
I had to, and I am glad I did!

The numismatics is the only thing that did not change.
Edited by sel_69l
02/23/2020 10:17 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05