Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1963 1 Cent Hanging 3?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 472Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
608 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  1:41 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add moose59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Canada
41 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SP67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, this is a Hanging 3.
This is a good example of classical die clash we can find on many 50's and 60's Canadian 1 Cent.
There's many variations of Hanging number.
Edited by SP67
03/25/2020 3:48 pm
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Check 3193zd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 3193zd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi What do you mean hanging 3? and die clash? I see above the 1 the top of a "t"
Canada
41 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SP67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The "Hanging" is the small curved line above the 3.
This is a result of clashed dies when no planchet is present during the mint process.
The small line is the signature of Queen's throat.
You can find more information on die clash here:
https://www.coinsandcanada.com/coin...-clash&id=10

This link gives also some examples on Canadian coins.
Edited by SP67
03/25/2020 3:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
608 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moose59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

This is from coinsandcanada shows the hanging 3 nicely.
Learn More...
Canada
9077 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1962 AND 1963 are often rife full of die clashes, and sometimes, it is hard to find a really nice example, without one.

My 1962 is an example of this: https://www.PCGS.com/cert/38157738 (click on the photo for a larger image)
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Canada
41 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SP67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you take a close look on the observe side? Something there is also a die clash signature each side of the Queen's neck.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
608 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moose59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure what you are talking about SP67, but here it is!
Canada
41 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SP67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you scroll the images listed in this link, you will see few examples of what I'm talking about.

It's never easy to take picture of die clash. But from your picture, there's no evidence of clash on the observe side.

https://www.coinsandcanada.com/coin...nt-1953-1964
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 472Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05