Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Piece Of Gear, So Please Grade Pic From 1-10

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 372Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
113 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  07:40 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Huck50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Please grade this pic from 1-10,1 being worse...new 1.3MP gear,all factory default settings,so too bright,whatever.Maybe I need to change some setting?Thanks H50

Thanks,I changed Contrast from 16 to 12,Sharpness from 1 to 0,Gamma from 64 to 100.

Thanks..I added a diffuser to the lens...any different?
Dino-Lite AF4115ZT usb microscope
Edited by Huck50
03/29/2020 08:39 am
Valued Member
United States
282 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would be difficult to assign a 1 to 10 number to a photo with nothing to compare it to.
Perhaps you might consider posting several photos of the same coin, using different settings, and asking us which photo shows the best detail.
As for this photo, it seems a bit too bright and perhaps needing a contrast adjustment.
Really nice quality though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4660 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your problem appears to be your lighting.
All the hot spots are direct reflections from your light sources.
Try moving your lights off axis so there's no direct reflections.
Let the light come in from the northwest.

Other may suggest some sort of diffusing setup.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8360 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like the bottom of the coin is slightly cut off in the 1st pic.

You might have to change the lighting or reduce the exposure (resulting in a dark photo, but avoiding burned-out areas), then brighten it up afterwards in Photoshop (or whatever you use).
Valued Member
United States
282 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
your 3rd photo looks best - you can easily see the vertical line bisecting her sleeve and the scratch marks on her neck.
Very nice detail.
Valued Member
Canada
113 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Huck50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks..I think I will keep the settings I altered from the 'factory'default.H50
Dino-Lite AF4115ZT usb microscope
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 372Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05