Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Grade 1891 With Sellers Pictures

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 670Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  12:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sammeli to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Wondering if gradable with sellers pictures

Valued Member
Canada
379 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would need to see other side
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sammeli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry here it is
Valued Member
Canada
379 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a small date large leaves reverse, I'll let someone more knowledgeable add in on the obverse variety.

Looks to be around EF-40 as well
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2940 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd go XF40-45 as well, but really a good looking coin, were it not for the scar on her cheek. It's a LL/SD Obv 3(large crosslet inside the E's). Also known as the "mumps" portrait .. a term I like for those type Obv 3's.
Edited by okiecoiner
04/09/2020 1:31 pm
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sammeli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okie I think it's a large leaf but I could be wrong
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47936 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say EF-45.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1789 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
it is large leaves
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
also you can see my collection of 1859 die pairs here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...47995&type=3
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sammeli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for grading coin guys
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2940 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I hit the wrong key ... of course it's a large leaves
Valued Member
Canada
425 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2020  03:06 am  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd concede EF-40 details. Scarface, large scrape on the face, lousy photo appeal. Looks like someone licked a thumb and wiped it, left darker areas in the lettering which looks like rust. The ugly obverse 3, on an ugly coin; I'd be afraid it was uglier in hand. Maybe at a 2/3 off sale. Then I'd give it a quick rust treatment.

Is it possibly a variety - Griffon 174 Double D's, RP C in CANADA ?
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2020  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sammeli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For 30 dollars Canadian not a bad purchase I think
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2290 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2020  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the great need to see the other side of the coin when a person asks to grade a coin by showing just the obverse?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
881 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2020  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it could make AU-50
Valued Member
Canada
379 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2020  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
. What is the great need to see the other side of the coin when a person asks to grade a coin by showing just the obverse?

Because it's impossible to grade a coin from just seeing one side, as both sides are factored into the coins grade.

Not to mention that this large cent has different obverse and reverse varieties.
Valued Member
Canada
490 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2020  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tamarin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Easy VF-30 and if the ICCS boys have had a good weekend maybe an EF-40 Monday morning.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 670Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05