Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can Anybody Recommend Great Interviews By Well Known Paper Money Collectors?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 537Next Topic  
Canada
23 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2020  12:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CanadianBanknote to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

Just as the title says. I was looking for some by Joel R Anderson. Even bigger Canadian paper money collectors. Any direction would be great.

Thanks
Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
Canada
23 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2020  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadianBanknote to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Regards
Valued Member
Canada
153 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2020  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JGpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome - great account name.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7988 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2020  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think we already have a long-time member with the same name but with an s on the end.
This may get confusing.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Canada
23 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2020  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadianBanknote to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@JGpenny thanks for the compliment sir!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
939 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2020  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you mean press interviews (or live/taped)? I'm sorry to say I don't know of any (I've read Halperin/Rohan's "The Collector's Handbook" and thought the same: who do we know as a famous CDN collector?)

I met a few collectors and only 2 would admit they had several TPG UNC Devils Face asterisk replacements. This was 14 years ago and such lofty grades were still pretty high BV even back then. [For their rarity they were a bargain b/c if you ever had a note as rare that was from US, GB or Australia- you'd get a small fortune for it]. About the same time researchers were realizing that most DF * replacements were recalled so few actually were released into circulation (& BV just kept climbing). A few of my buddies (who were more my own age) were buying test notes & they seemed like a small fortune back then.

When I drove home from the convention, I figured I could have paid my mortgage down to nothing with just a few of those * DF replacement notes these guys owned.

I also met a collector from Vancouver who had a large collection of trophy notes (which he eventually auctioned a few off at CPMF). I met him at a convention in Niagara Falls. He showed me a few DF and some Osborne/Towers 1937's (all in Original UNC) at the convention. Can't recall his name & when I asked about who some of the other big CDN collectors were, he just smiled, winked & said he knew a few but, "good luck finding who they are!" Although he considered himself CDN he lived most of the year in Mexico. It was then I realized that most big CDN banknote collectors keep their identities concealed & would never give an interview (unless it was anonymous perhaps?) They obviously had deep pockets to be able to afford such items.
Canada
23 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadianBanknote to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

@walk2dwater I found you're videos this morning and sent you a message earlier. Funny you are replying to this thread. Interestingly although a much bigger market you can find allot of interviews on really big names in numismatics in the USA. Personally I like to read about fellow collectors especially ones with world class collection's. I find it interesting and inspiring to see how they reached such heights. Now if we are talking coins those guys and I'm talking really big names dont shy away from written or video interviews youtube will back that up. I guess the hobby just isn't big enough yet in Canada. Great channel BTW.

regards
Pillar of the Community
Canada
939 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like to read about fellow collectors especially ones with world class collection's. I find it interesting and inspiring to see how they reached such heights.

- I hear you

Quote:
Great channel BTW.

- Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
939 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I conducted an interesting interview with a well established CDN paper money collector. Thanks to "CanadianBanknote's" suggestions & assistance with formulating the questions.

You can read it here:
https://sites.google.com/view/notap...s/interviews
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 537Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05