Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Jim Bisognani: It Is An Area Which We Call The No Coin Show Zone

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 252Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2020  7:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
NGC - Feeling troubled by the cancellation of coin shows? Internet sales and third-party grading to the rescue!

Well, summer is finally here and although the "official" holiday season is about five months away, I couldn't help but think that my fellow coindexters' big holiday was effectively taken away with the ANA's announcement that it had officially pulled the plug on the World's Fair of Money. Yes, I couldn't help but think of my numismatic brethren this week, missing the annual rites and the August trip to Pittsburgh, the Steel City.

Upon hearing this news, in a flash, my thoughts raced back to my youth to the scene in Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer when Santa, faced with the massive blizzard on Christmas Eve, utters, "I've got some bad news, folks. Christmas is going to be cancelled." Of course, we all know that Rudolph and his non-conforming bright beak saved the day that time!

Read the Entire Article
Pillar of the Community
United States
3769 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2020  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently attended a small local show in Ohio. Attendance was at about 50% of normal levels for vendors and probably about 60% for customers. Everyone was wearing masks and trying to maintain a bit more distance then usual as the building is usually fairly crammed. I was there from opening for about an hour and some of the vendors were starting to pack up and a few stated that they not selling, just buying and doing dealer to dealer trades. The show promoter wore a face shield and from what I could see everything appeared to be going well. Some of the dealers were talking about their experiences catching COVID-19.
Learn More...
United States
87505 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2020  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the report, Joe.

I am not looking forward to maybe missing the show this fall. Hopefully procedures and precautions will be well tested by then.
Valued Member
United States
361 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2020  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wideglide to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too am really bummed that the World's Fair of Money in Pittsburgh has been cancelled!
Edited by Wideglide
06/29/2020 10:26 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 252Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05