Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Trajan Ric No: Help Please. I Have A Few Possibilities.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 247Next Topic  
Valued Member

United Kingdom
106 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  1:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add FuzzyDuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I am unsure if this is RIC 128-RSC 75 or ""75b

Also am I right in thinking this is a denarius? I usually stick to bronze so actually know very little. I was also from where it is clipped thinking that it is only silvered and not all the way through.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am in the process of confirming my atributations and putting my collection in quick slabs (and before I get moaned at...they are all removable)
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17067 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When looking at the black areas in the pictures, my first thought is this coin may be a 'limes denarius'.
In terms of fabric, it appears to be similar of to a denarius of Geta in my collection.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
106 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2020  12:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FuzzyDuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've just done some reading on 'limes denarius' very interesting read. I'msure your right on that suggestion
Valued Member
United Kingdom
106 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2020  03:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FuzzyDuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have any ideas on its proper RIC number?
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17067 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2020  05:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IF? it is a limes denarius, it may make it hard to associate it with a RIC number.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
106 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2020  05:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FuzzyDuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah okay. I have (supposedly) narrowed it down to the two possibilities, but I am unable to find a definite. I'll tag it as unknown RIC no: for now and see at a later date if I can find a definite. Thanks again
Valued Member
United States
410 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2020  11:21 am  Show Profile   Check Victor's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Victor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, RIC 128. For unofficial coinage (limes and fouree etc.) I usually write it like "cf. RIC 128" with cf. being an abbreviation for confer, meaning to compare and further note the unofficial nature-- wrong metal etc.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
106 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2020  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FuzzyDuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's very useful, I may incorporate that into my tags
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 247Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05