Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

RCM Releases For July 2020

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 1,643Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
386 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  12:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Slim Release again this month:

- Colourized Silver Proof set with commemorative 36mm medal for voluntary Service Mintage: 7,000 $199.95
- Year of the Ox: $150Face 18k Gold Mintage: 1,500 $988.88 (2021 dated)
- Year of the Ox: $2,500 Face 99.99%gold 1kg Mintage: 20 $83,888 (2021 dated).
- Canada's First National Coinage: Set of 4 (50c, 25c, 10c,5c) double dated 1870-2020: Coin sizes (5oz, 2oz, 1oz 1/2 oz Silver) respectively. Mintage 850, $899.95
- Pathfinders Puzzle coin 1/2 kg Silver Mintage 800, $1867. <Sold out on Masters Club>

I just ordered the colourized set and was told it has an October ship date.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4535 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vonighohcr: Thanks for the July release info!

Does the medal in the proof set look anything like Canada's award medal for WWII Voluntary Service?

(Image Source: Veterans Affairs Canada web site / https://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/reme...s/details/21)

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
Canada
386 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@commems - that is it... without the ribbon and loop.
Valued Member
Canada
386 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some further info:

The Colourized proof set is the standard annual coin designs with the Elizabeth II obverse except for the 5c. It is a colourized "V" double dated with 1945-2020 and has a George VI obverse.

The Canada's First National Coinage sports two different Victoria images on the obverse. The 50c and 25c have the diademed portrait whereas the 10c & 5c have the laureate portrait consistent with the 1870 issue.
Pillar of the Community
United States
845 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like another $200 will be added to my credit card balance.
This hobby is pretty expensive for someone without a job.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4535 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I purchased the full 2018 colourized set, but only bought the silver medal from last year's set (from a dealer who had broken up several sets). At the moment, I am leaning toward the same approach for the 2020 medal. I don't collect the other coins, so the set price is a lot to spend for just the medal!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
06/23/2020 6:23 pm
Valued Member
Canada
51 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jazzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find it interesting that the least expensive new release is $199.95 this month. This is the "highest lowest price" in an RCM month's release that I can recall. That being said, I will probably purchase the colored proof set, not sure if I will buy it from the mint or on the secondary market at some point.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6636 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both, RCM and CC&C published new release, but none of them haven't post this:

Canada's First National Coinage: Set of 4 (50c, 25c, 10c,5c) double dated 1870-2020: Coin sizes (5oz, 2oz, 1oz 1/2 oz Silver) respectively. Mintage 850, $899.95
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4535 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I find it interesting that the least expensive new release is $199.95 this month.

It is definitely a higher-than-normal price point for the "low-end" product. I guess that's what happens when no individual silver or base-metal coins are offered in a release.

I noticed on the sales page for the 2020 Pure Silver Coloured 6-Coin Set with Medallion set that the RCM has posted conflicting information.

In the Specifications Table, it lists the "Finish" for the medallion as "proof (reverse), reverse proof (obverse)" but in the description of the set it states that the medallion has "A TRADITIONAL FINISH: The medallion in this set features a brilliant uncirculated finish that is true to the actual medal."

As we all know, Proof and BU are not the same finish. I've sent in a question about it to the RCM. I'll report back when a response is received. In the meantime, the supplied images appear to indicate the medallion has a BU finish - it could be a simple case of not correctly editing the copy-and-paste step from last year's coloured set.

Edited by commems
06/30/2020 1:16 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6636 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Both, RCM and CC&C published new release, but none of them haven't post this:

Canada's First National Coinage: Set of 4 (50c, 25c, 10c,5c) double dated 1870-2020: Coin sizes (5oz, 2oz, 1oz 1/2 oz Silver) respectively. Mintage 850, $899.95

CC&C just has posted it.

I like this kind of product. Beautiful, but can't justify the price.
It should be like 1908-1998 set, but more premium. Not $900 set.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4535 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Puzzle Coin Set and the First National Coinage Set are each now included on the RCM web site - both are listed as "Sold Out" but their details can be viewed. (Make sure to click the "SHOW SOLD OUT COINS" toggle on the New Releases page to see them.)
Valued Member
Canada
386 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like this kind of product. Beautiful, but can't justify the price.
It should be like 1908-1998 set, but more premium. Not $900 set

Actually, this is one of the more reasonable RCM silver offerings. But I think that is down to the current increase in the price of silver vs. any altruism on the part of the RCM. Silver last year was bouncing around $20CAD/oz. Right now it is at around $25CAD/oz and when you add seller premiums you are paying around $30CAD for a Maple Leaf.

This set is 8.5 oz of silver which at $30/oz would be $255. THis is a bullion to NCLT ratio of 3.5x. When you look at all the 1oz offerings over the last few years of $99 for $20 of Silver or a 5x ratio... this is approaching a reasonable NCLT premium. RCM Gold NCLT has historically been at the 1.5x-2x bullion ratio.. It is nice to see the Silver ratio decline.

Of course this could simply be an artifact of an unsustainable rise in the price of Silver buoyed by the current financial challenges of our governments in response to the COVID lockdowns and in the fullness of time, Silver will return to a more traditional $20-25CAD/oz rendering this item again with an unreasonable premium... but if you believe in a long term rise in bullion PM values, maybe just maybe, this isn't that bad a deal financially.

That said... If you like it and can afford it... Do what your adherence to the hobby recommends... I would be much more circumspect were I to be a speculator or flipper and of course, an investor has no place in the NCLT market.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2712 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Puzzle Coin Set and the First National Coinage Set are each now included on the RCM web site - both are listed as "Sold Out" but their details can be viewed

They were on the RCM website for Master Club members last week. The Puzzle Coin sold out immediately but it seems to be a commissioned coin. On the Shopping Channel last night they had 340 of the coins out of 800 minted. When TSC had 42.5% of the coins no wonder the RCM sold out so fast.

Both the Puzzle Coin and the First National coins are still available at CC&C.
Pillar of the Community
United States
845 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
RCM put the colorized proof set on it's website today so I bought it; but a little dismayed that I'll have to wait until October to get it in the mail.
I also bought the SE Proof set a while ago and have to wait until September for that to appear in my mailbox.

Is there any possibility that the RCM might be holding back from minting some items and then only minting by DEMAND quantity?
I personally don't care if they make ten or ten-million of what I buy. They all go into the same albums as all my other coins.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4535 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They were on the RCM website for Master Club members last week.

True, but not everyone here is a Masters Club member - the post was for this non-MC group.

Quote:

Is there any possibility that the RCM might be holding back from minting some items and then only minting by DEMAND quantity?

Of course it's possible, but, IMO, it's not likely they are holding back for artificial reasons. I think it's more a matter of post-shutdown production scheduling and when it will receive needed component items from outside vendors (e.g., the proof set cases) so that it can complete its assembly work. That said, the numbers produced may certainly be adjusted by the number of orders received so as to minimize overproduction.

Edited by commems
07/02/2020 12:25 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4535 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

In the Specifications Table, it lists the "Finish" for the medallion as "proof (reverse), reverse proof (obverse)" but in the description of the set it states that the medallion has "A TRADITIONAL FINISH: The medallion in this set features a brilliant uncirculated finish that is true to the actual medal."

Quote:
I've sent in a question about it to the RCM. I'll report back when a response is received.

I haven't yet received the RCM's email response to my query (as the web system promised), but I noticed today that the web site has been updated to reflect "brilliant uncirculated" as the finish in the Specifications Table - gone are the references to proof finishes.

Folks will at least have accurate information going forward!

Edited by commems
07/03/2020 3:22 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 1,643Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.92 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05