Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Naser AL Din Shah Silver Medal 50th Anniversary Of His Reign 5 Qiran

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 379Next Topic  
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  8:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SeanKosari to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi... I have this 1896 Naser Al Din Shah Qajar silver coin
This coin was minted for 50th anniversary of his reign as Shah and he was assassinated during the ceremony in the same month these coins were minted.
My question is do you guys think this coin has been cleaned? and what do you guys think it's worth? I've been seeing a lot of mixed prices
thank & #128591;

Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it looks cleaned. Which isn't unusual for a world coin that old.

Wasn't sure who that person was, so it took a little more research. Would have helped if you had indicated country of origin. Once I had it narrowed down to Iran I found some stuff. Here's a couple links.

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces84840.html

https://www.NGCcoin.com/price-guide...duid-1597919

Not sure I would trust NGC values in this case. I tried to cross reference it with my Krause catalog. (which is where their values are supposed to come from) but I couldn't fine 5 Krans in that year. (1313) Some 10 Krans with similar design. Some 2 Krans from earlier years with the typical lion design.

So after all that, not sure if you know any more than before. I'll keep looking.
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21181 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would be easier to tell if it was out of the 2x2 holder.
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  01:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SeanKosari to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the replies... I mentioned on the title that it belongs to Naser Al Din Shah Qajar... honestly I've tried to sell this coin on eBay but the listing was taken down because of the US sanctions placed on goods from Iran and its sort of illegal to sell it apparently! comparing it to all the listings this is very rare coin I think it would bring anywhere from 1k to 2k in the right auction
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 379Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05