Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Which Mint Is This Coin?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 381Next Topic  
Valued Member

Italy
197 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  6:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add manry to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
to this wonderful coin I would like to remove the earth in the joints without ruining the patinaa and without causing micro scratches. In order not to affect the value and the grade of the coin in question, can I pass it with cotton swab immersed in demineralized water? Do you also know what mint it is? thank you again for the super support.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1137 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Merano maybe, A Grosso Tirolino? Maybe @TDZ can confirm.
Valued Member
Italy
197 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  04:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add manry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is a tirolin but I would like know how to remove the ground in the coin without damage the coin itself. Possible the montage is meranese right.
Edited by manry
07/02/2020 04:05 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3212 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  07:33 am  Show Profile   Check FVRIVS RVFVS's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add FVRIVS RVFVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would try sitting coin in lemon juice or white vinegar
If the silver is good silver this should not effect the coin but will loosen the dirt so it can be removed with soft toothbrush
IN GOD WE TRVST ....... all others pay cash !

COGITO ERGO SPVD
I think ...... therefore I yam
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3624 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  07:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.coinarchives.com/w/lotv...ea7717b58b43

I would start with demineralized water.
Valued Member
Italy
197 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  08:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add manry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thx again, what grade would you assign to this coin?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3624 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By comparison to the linked coin which graded SPL, I think this could be BB (VF) but it looks like it has been clipped, so I am not sure how this affects the grade.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1137 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What would happen if this coin was put in an ultrasonic bath?
Pillar of the Community
United States
694 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add travelcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't do that, it could lead to scratches (so I've heard). Try the lemon juice first. I usually start with part lemon juice and water. If needed, I will increase the concentration of lemon juice for stubborn deposits. I've also had great results with vinegar as well.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 381Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05