Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1856 O Seated Liberty Dime

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 292Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  5:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
would a crossover to PCGS or NGC get me a better grade--it says scratched on the holder but all I see are a few hairlines----thanks

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49632 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the scratch that short mark running from the I in Dime down to the MM?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2228 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think its from the star to the arm
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
--let me look under my scope--i'll let you know--
Edited by mikev50
07/03/2020 6:59 pm
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i took pics of both spots--there is a scratch--i will leave it in this holder--

Edited by mikev50
07/03/2020 6:43 pm
Valued Member
United States
266 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even ANACS would give it a better grade now as they no longer "Net grade". And they will assign a number grade to details coin. Whether that one is really scratched or not... hard to tell without it in hand. It could be the one by the arm. Maybe an old scratch that has toned over and doesn't look as bad. Probably more likely it's the one on the reverse. I'm glad TPGs have started to indicate which side of the coin they take issue with.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9009 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2020  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
good candidate for re-grade. I dont see anything that would stop this from a straight holder. AU53 in my book
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2020  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if I do send it to PCGS or NGC should I break it out--thanks
Valued Member
United Kingdom
443 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2020  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's nicely toned! I don't see how you could go wrong by resubmitting it really. PCGS and NGC just a matter of preference in my opinion, some will tell you one way some will say the other. I like NGC, their customer service is excellent and the holders are prettier.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21181 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2020  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would leave it in the ANACS holder. I don't see any toning in the protected areas of your close up photos. I think the coin was cleaned some time ago and has album tone around the edges. 50-50 shot at it coming back "AU details" in a resubmit.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 292Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05