Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1927 Peace Dollar Grade

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 409Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
363 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  2:58 pm Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1006 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53774 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-63 as well.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimmajr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that's a nice example. I have a couple myself, but none as nice. I am new to collecting. have always been a bullion guy. expanding my interest.
Learn More...
United States
94566 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
9547 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS64 is my guess.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
4391 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it's got great luster. Easy 64+ IMO
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
363 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2020  11:11 am  Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everybody. ANACS has it at 64. And it does look better in person. Plus the glare from the slab makes it a little harder to take pics of. I also still have a very hard time capturing an accurate coin pic. I'm using a Google Pixel. You would think a phone named pixel would have a great camera. I have a disease that affects my fine motor skills. So I can't hold the phone steady enough. I set it on a Krause catalog. But that means I can't really try different angles and stuff. So a lot of times I pick up too much glare, or the shadow of the phone.

Anyway, thinking about crossing this to one of the big two. At 63 its a $180ish, at 64 around $400. I had it listed on ebay for well under $400 for 3 months and no one showed any interest.

I didn't really buy it to sell. This was early in my collecting days. Picked it up at an in person estate auction. The collector had LOTS of MS+ Morgans and Peace. All raw. Some had carbon spotting from being in 2x2 cardboard flips that had developed holes. Fortunately this one didn't. Loved the look of it and needed a '27. If I had any idea it might have graded as high as a 64 I probably would have sent it to NGC first.

Then again there is the thrill of the hunt. And snagging a 64 at a 58 price means I'm kind of attached to this one.

And this from the guy, who like jimmajr, only got into coins for the bullion.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9673 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2020  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i had it at MS64. nice coin. please allow at least 24hrs for folks to respond
Pillar of the Community
United States
9547 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2020  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a nice piece and you got it at a good price. I'd leave it where it is and be happy with it.
ANA #R3154474
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21767 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2020  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks properly graded.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 409Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05