Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Some Help With This 1953 D LWC. Possible FS# 502?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 189Next Topic  
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  8:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Copest to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Coin is very bright in UNC condition so apologize for the pictures. To me the markers are there, but we see what we want to see sometimes, so ill ask you all what do you think?

Pillar of the Community
United States
4352 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see the FS-502. I see a normal cent.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50475 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks normal to me as well.

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
282 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I don't see a sideways D cutting into the vest.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2534 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MM placement looks good. However, for these in anything short of stage D you pretty much can see the secondary MM well enough to be sure what it is. Once it drifts into stage D, that's where I've found coins I'm almost totally sure are this RPM but can't positively verify as the secondary MM is quite difficult to see.

So your arrows point to the right places for die markers, another positive, but honestly I can't actually see those die markers in your photos so can't comment on whether they look right or not.

End result is I believe it might be, but really can't see any secondary mint mark nor clear die markers in the images. I'd say don't give up on it, as the difference between a normal coin and FS-502 on a coin in that condition is over $100.

United States
19 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Copest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I appreciate the feedback, and you are total right, the impression was faint,I need to figure a way to photo what my loupe sees. Debating on a stereo microscope vs the all digital usb I currently use.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 189Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05