Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 D Planchet Weight Confusion

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 248Next Topic  
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  6:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Taylorism to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I had a question on the 1982 D planchet weights. I have 2 1982 D cent coins pictured here. The top one weighs 3.12 grams, and the bottom one weighs 2.55 grams. I am not really great at discerning the large and small date varieties, but they both appear large date to me. Is one of these on the incorrect planchet? Thanks for your help!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1983 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Taylorim to CCF!

You are correct. Both of these coins are LARGE DATE 1982 D and can be found easily in copper and zinc.
The rare one is 1982 D small date copper penny has a very VERY nice premium.
The following websites contains information on the subject matter.
http://www.lincolncentresource.com/...es/1982.html
Thanks for posting
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Taylorism to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see, so large date come in both planchet varieties. Thank you for that info!
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stneCowT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Taylor I believe all 1982 come in copper and zinc
Edited by stneCowT
08/10/2020 7:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3555 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  01:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Mint switched over from copper to zinc cord mid year in 1982, that's the reason for your confusion.

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 248Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05