Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1859 Cent Buyers Beware

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 982Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1604 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2020  2:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I noticed a couple 1859 inverted 9 on e-bay from the same seller that are not inverted 9 coins.

If leaf 2 doesn't have a gap in the center of the vine it is not an inverted 9. This is one of the markers for either inverted 9 make sure of this first when searching for one.
Edited by papeldog
08/19/2020 2:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1014 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2020  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Papeldog for the heads up
can u post a link please?
H
Pillar of the Community
United States
2540 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2020  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
taking notes, notice the forum in which this is posted.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1604 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2020  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The e-bay #193630421056 + #193630394480 like mentioned the same seller for both coins one is $550.00 buy it now the other is $700.00 opening bid.

The last time I mentioned a wrong identity for a 1859 I got crapped on I'm only pointing this out so someone's not paying a big price for the wrong coin.
I'm not trying to hurt anyone's business or name but they are not inverted 9 coins, if in drought go to the Haxby 1859 web site and look for yourself.
Learn More...
Canada
9331 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2020  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are doing the right thing. Next time you get crapped on, let me know.

I reported both listings, hopefully, they'll be removed.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
122 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2020  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sammeli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They have a wide 9/8 also that's not right
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3143 Posts
 Posted 08/20/2020  06:56 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
both coins have been removed..
Valued Member
Canada
91 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Leonitus1916 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys I just want to apologize to papeldog and anyone it affected, I was the one who posted those coins and misidentified them by honest mistake, I am very new to the 1859s and for some reason the haxby website doesn't work when I try and go on it. Clearly I have alot to learn about those coins and I'll be more careful next time when posting on eBay. I do appreciate all the help and really want to sincerely apologize to papeldog I didn't mean to cause any trouble.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1604 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your apologise is welcome and appreciated by anyone affected I'm sure Leonitus.
Everyone makes mistakes I've made many myself that's how we learn and correct from them.
I also apologize if I brought you grief it was not intentional just a warning to others about the coins not the seller.

If in drought put the coin up here on this forum there are many people with knowledge in most coins and questions if not all coins. Put a nice clear picture up of the Reverse and Obverse of the coin in question and answers will usually follow within the same day.

Good luck in future sales Leonitus1916
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3213 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2020  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Leonitis ... You should also try to get a copy of the 2011, 65th edition, of Charlton. There are 80 pages of Vicky Cent varieties there that are listed as the "common" name for them. I, too, have a hard time finding anything on Haxby with a common, usable, name. It's great if you are a die tracker and a wonderful site. It's just that I'm a hoarder, not a die tracker.
Valued Member
Canada
91 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Leonitus1916 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much to everyone for understanding and all the great help you've given me. I'll definitely get that book, I'm lacking in the coin book resources department.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 982Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.96 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05