Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943-S Type 2 Jefferson Nickel With RPM From Type 1 Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 281Next Topic  

United States
17 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2020  12:21 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Me103189 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is this a common variety? I have not seen or heard of it. Every type 2 nickel I put on my scale weighs 5.00-5.05G all have been BU THe weight on this is constantly 5.12-5.13G any ideas? I was getting ready to list a circulated nickel set on ebay and was jusT giving it a final check for accuracy when I spotted this. Thanks for looking

Pillar of the Community
United States
1179 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2020  01:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Curious about this one. Does look like an inverted Type 1 MM, however 1941S would have been the last T1, not sure how it would make its way onto a '43. See what others have to say.

And
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2020  01:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hybrid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Magician's coin there's a seem around the edge
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11097 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2020  02:57 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can imagine a scenario in which what you suggest could have happened, but it's very highly unlikely. If the small "S" was positioned correctly for a CuNi type, I might be more intrigued, but it overlaps the building. I'm thinking Pareidolia.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2020  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Me103189 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks I do see the edge is a bit off. if it is a magician coin why would someone make this ? Nothing else really seems to be off. And spruett thinks I'májust seeing things. (Wouldn't be first time) back in the set and on to ebay it goes to be be a mystery for for someone else (if its ever noticed again)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3797 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2020  12:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Spruce, Pareidolia.

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 281Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05