Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Has Happened Here?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 308Next Topic  
Valued Member
United Kingdom
181 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2020  2:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Collector28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Had this for a while now, noticed the top corner and thought it was a bit of a curio.

I'm assuming it's merely damage, but wanted to get your opinions anyway (apologies for the pictures, though they'll probably be good enough to illustrate what is there)
Valued Member
Poland
162 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2020  08:32 am  Show Profile   Check norantyki's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hiya, yes, this is in fact damage - the curl of the tear is typical for the polymer notes. As soon as the edge is compromised by a ding or a small incision, its only a matter of time before it looses a chunk.
Valued Member
Canada
376 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2020  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two folds and a missing corner. It would be a spender IMO.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2097 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2020  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add arianzo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe a mouse or moth at home?
Valued Member
United Kingdom
181 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2020  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thought it was damage, nice to get confirmation. Still think it's fairly cool so going to keep it anyway as a small curiosity :)
Valued Member
United Kingdom
181 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2020  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@arianzo It definitely isn't a mouse or a moth from my house - I got it from circulation that way! :)
Valued Member
United Kingdom
105 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2020  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add xavierz27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At least twice I've pulled a £5 out of the wallet to find myself holding half a note! Once didn't notice until I was handing it over. The slightest edge fault and they snap into two.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 308Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05