Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello From Lacey, Washington USA

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 207Next Topic  
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  9:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add cjh5801 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I've been collecting coins off and on since the 1980s (mostly off). One of my abiding passions has been history, and I've found coins to be an interesting and esthetically pleasing way of obtaining tangible connections to historical times and events.

My collection wouldn't be considered extensive, but I have a number of ancient roman coins depicting emperors from Julius Caesar (I know, not an emperor) to Justinian the Great (I know, Byzantine, but I'm using my own definition), with too many empty spots in between. I also have an interest in Napoleonic history and have collected a few Napoleon-related coins from the First Empire and several medallions. I'm also interested in English history, so I have a number of English coins ranging from Henry III to Elizabeth II (also with several gaps). Then there's a coin holder page in my collection where I've stuffed various coins and medals that commemorate or remind me of historical events (including, just for fun, a Buffalo nickel from the year of my father's birth and a US half dollar from the year I was born).

I've only been a member for a few days, but I've found members to be extremely helpful and friendly. I hope to become a regular around here.

Clark
Edited by cjh5801
09/28/2020 02:56 am
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  02:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Clark. Welcome !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2487 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  04:09 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And Hello to you from Lacey, New Jersey USA. to the CCF! Hope you enjoy your time here!
The first US coin motto was found on a 1792 half disme and read: "LIB (erty) PAR (ent) OF SCIENCE & INDUSTRY"

Learn More...
United States
91230 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5068 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3452 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
worked out at Woodland Sq Loop for about 4 years...
-----Burton
46 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4461 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  06:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF

Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16109 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2020  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 207Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05