Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1908-S Indian Head Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 363Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
147 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  12:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add navycapt1635 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Some grading advice please.

Thanks.

Bill

Valued Member
United States
195 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MOS0239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's much better then the last one! !
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add navycapt1635 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I had planned to send it before your comment. I have more even better than this and will try a few later today. :) Bill
Pillar of the Community
United States
1134 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F Details, ED, rim damage ( probably ED as well).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2477 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
F Details, ED, rim damage ( probably ED as well).

Don't waste any money on sending it in
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51265 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  1:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say F details (heavy ED) as well. Not grade-worthy, imo.
Edited by Coinfrog
09/29/2020 2:45 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14175 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bill , I don't like to call an IHC Fine if it doesn't have at least 3 or 4 letters of Liberty visible . Your coin has a lot of corrosion ,rim dings and a reverse gouge . Not a coin that I would send in for grading .
I remember saying ,send us some photos of your better coins ; Ahh, a little more better please .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
9283 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the coin may have been in the ground for a while and for whatever reason the reverse was a little more protected. the reverse looks more like a VF coin. it may net out at F details and still has value for someone looking to fill the hole.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8127 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG details
Sets in progress... Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
ANA: 3183215
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add navycapt1635 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all. I will post a few of my better coins for grading advice shortly.

Best,

Bill
Pillar of the Community
United States
4353 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG details corroded, damaged. Still a desirable key date!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21509 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2020  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fine details, environmental damage.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 363Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05