Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ancient Roman And Greek Coin Pendants

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 210Next Topic  

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2020  3:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Marcus_Junius to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello! I have been collecting mostly Romans but also some ancient Greek coins for years now. I decided to make some of the more common coins into pendants. I started just giving these away to friends and family, and quickly learned that people really like them. Especially because I give some background info on the coin. What type of coins do you think would be nice to add to my inventory? I tried to strike a balance between cost of the coins + quality of the coin (not too expensive, but certainly with identifying features).

Would be cool to hear what I try next.

[[Ruled]] relating to buying and selling-echizento
CCF Advertiser
Learn More...
United States
701 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2020  01:24 am  Show Profile   Check louisvillekyshop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add louisvillekyshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
People who wear necklaces would want to see the item. And the dark fourth century coins can be a challenge. A good cheap starting place might be a lot of larger byzantine follis coins with Christ, a Cross, or/and the latin letters saying in greek Christ is King of Kings. You'd have to shape the bezel by hand as they are not at all round very often like the one in your example. And you'd have an easy to read 1000 year old Christian relic in some respects. (I realize it is not guys, but it would be way to think of it as it is a picture that is 1000 years old.) See the examples below.

https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=3304503
https://www.acsearch.info/search.html?id=5188886

And all the auction houses have these lots for sale. But you need big easy to see coins. You can also sometimes get some low grade but obvious large horse coins of Carthage that might be nice.

Edited by louisvillekyshop
10/01/2020 02:00 am
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2020  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Marcus_Junius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is an excellent idea! I make the bezels by hand anyway so thats not an issue. I will be shopping for byzantines soon! Thanks:0
Valued Member
Cyprus
89 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2020  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add micha to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen some ancient coins necklaces on ebay, etsy, maybe Amazon if I remember correct.
I used to sell some modern coin necklaces on local markets many years ago, I was using Stainless Steel Pendant Bases, cheap Chinese from ebay.
People are always happy to put on coins necklaces.
A tip to save money is to focus on coins that have the side will be on front in good grade and the other fade off, this will keep the price low.
Carthage coins are awesome, also Maroneia and Kyme horses. At Gergis you can find Sphinx etc
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 210Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05