Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I'm Back :), Question Is Anda Sydney Going To Be On.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 477Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Australia
923 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2020  02:52 am Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As far a I can gather it seem like it is on as their website shows that Sydney meeting is still on the 25th and the 26th (Sunday if I do decide to go) and hasn't been cancel.

Anyone else know for a fact that it will be on or they are still in the air about this? As both Melbourne and adeliade shows where cancelled on short notice.

If anyone is interested in swap don't mind PM me. Mainly collect predemcial, but have a loads of circulating currency (face value stuff some rare some not so much).
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17859 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2020  06:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The ANDA coin show in Lower Town Hall venue is still listed on their website.
NSW has had zero COVID-19 community transmitted cases for the last few days. Because of this, I am hopeful that the Show will proceed, and thus I will be attending.

Peter Craft of Prospect Coins usually hire tables for this show. I will 'phone PC, and update this post in a few days' time.
You may wish to 'phone PC yourself; their phone number is listed on their website.

I also regularly attend the Petersham show as well, which is held every three months. I received a flyer for the March show, then a follow up flyer indicating that is had to be cancelled, due to COVID-19. I have had no information about when the next show will happen. Peter also has tables for this show as well.
Valued Member
Australia
457 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2020  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@sel - Do you know if they will have any online deals like they did for the cancelled Melbourne Expo? I will not be able to go but it looks like there'll be nothing in Brisbane until 2021. Thanks
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17859 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2020  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am unaware of on line in regard to coin shows, sorry about that.
I always examine each coin in hand before deciding to buy, and only pay in cash, so that actually attending the show is essential for me.
I also always enjoy catching up with my numismatic friends and acquaintances face to face, which includes most of the well known dealers.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17859 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just received through the post:-
Status International ( I.S. Wright) auction catalogue.

I guess around $3 million of numismatic items to be auctioned.

Auction for 16th October.
I will attend a view day.
I am interested in a gold square Mohur of Akbar. I would never consider making a bid without examining the coin in hand first.

No mention of COVID-19 regarding attendance in person for view days, but I will be wearing a mask as I travel on public transport to get there.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
923 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  12:13 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
will try to go on the 15th on Thursday (view for Status Int) if I actually don't feel lazy.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
923 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Felt too lazy, and knew that if I went who be spending too much money hahahaha. Did you end placing a bid for the Mohur of Akbar Sel_69l?
Valued Member
Australia
457 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just checked the ANDA events page and Sydney is now showing as cancelled although they will be selling product online on the day.

Out of curiosity, do you have to be a member to prurchase online or can the general public purchase online?
Edited by David Graham
10/18/2020 8:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
923 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hmm I think your right :(
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 477Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05