Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 Renewed Canada Silver Dollar...

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 2,450Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3187 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  6:27 pm Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I hear from a mint rep, it is supposed to be released for pre-order next week.. If anyone has info to share please do so..

Also if anyone is a high ranking member, and doesn't want one, I would be happy if someone could order me one. I would be happy to pay for the coin, shipping, and 20$ for the effort.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2756 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2020 Renewed Silver Dollar will be released tonight at midnight. People who have MC reps were alerted several days ago about the release. They did not say which coin it is. My guess for the coin is the Manitoba 100th Anniversary coin which was released in 1970, making it 50 years.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6670 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I remember the appearance of the 2015 MC SD...
and went through 5 pages of that post.

So...we should load probably. :)
The Voyageur reached availability of the Gold MC members and some Silver MC were able to order via the Rep.
The coin was available for CAD 279 Free Shipping via eBay for several days at least.

2020 is not 2015 though.
Still better not to miss.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2756 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Renewed Silver Dollar design chosen is the 1980 Arctic Territories Centennial Silver Dollar. Mintage of 2500. Price increased to $199.95. Limited to one per customer.

This is the original 1980 Silver Dollar:

Edited by MoneyPenney
10/20/2020 12:31 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
635 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  12:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Looney4Numi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, MoneyPenny.

I like it. Will buy.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6670 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The Renewed Silver Dollar design chosen is the 1980 Arctic Territories Centennial Silver Dollar. Mintage of 2500. Price increased to $199.95. Limited to one per customer.

Thank you for the update.
Nice design.
Valued Member
Canada
465 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  10:48 am  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just picked one up. Great choice IMO.

Your thoughts on this years renewed silver dollar. Like or dislike
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
604 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the large 50mm format, correct? (please post technical specs and pics if anyone has)

I'd REALLY like to see RCM re-issue all the early 50% silver SDs in the modern 100% silver proof 36mm format. Some of those early coins have nice designs and unfortunately became tarnished over time. I'd be a buyer of all coins in the series if RCM ever did re-issue!

We can always hope...
Valued Member
Canada
465 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  11:09 am  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Alex A

Here you go. No Pic's allowed yet from The RCM.

Specifications
No. 178769
Mintage 2,500
Composition 99.99% pure silver with selective gold plating
Finish proof
Weight (g) 62.69
Diameter (mm) 50
Edge serrated
Certificate serialized
Face value 1 dollar
Artist D.D. Paterson (reverse), Arnold Machin (obverse)
Valued Member
Canada
408 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Your thoughts on this years renewed silver dollar. Like or dislike

OCD requires that I buy in but not a big fan.

This is the first renewed $1 that was 100% NCLT. The series started with circulation coins then the last two years were hybrid NCLT and circulation issues but this is the first re-issue of NCLT in the 2 oz form factor.

By extension, this series can continue for ever... or at least until 40 years after the last NCLT $1. When the RCM does this, it devalues the series. I recall a fair degree of negative comment over the Memorial and Peacekeeping renewed $1 from the last two years but this...

It is an adequate design but the direction is what concerns me... does this mean in 12 years we will get the Queen Mum... I find it challenging that the RCM appears to be capable of some outstanding new work... (the Andy Everson Masks from 2015 or the Angel of victory from 2018) some derivative work that is still great (Bill Reid series from this year) and then this... a recycle/redo of a design that was not a shining moment... In fact the only real claim to fame for this coin was it was the last Specimen Commemorative 36mm SD issued before the series moved to Proof & BU in 1981.

Like so many of the RCM series, I predict that the premiums for the first few coins will not be maintained for later issues and in fact, the first coins will be dragged down by the latter issues (Murano butterfly).

Tag me as a "dislike"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6670 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While 2017 Renewed Silver Dollar can be purchased from eBay for CAD 150+ and 2018 Silver Dollar near CAD 200, the new (2020) one made very strong first appearance with the CAD 400 price tag and Best Offer option.

eBay Item ID = 143797857589

time will tell, if the seller would agree make a quick profit and drop $100 or so, or the asking prices will keep the level....

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2756 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  04:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Renewed Silver Dollar is available for order from the RCM website for those without a rep if you meet their criteria. Those at Platinum level should be able to buy today.
Valued Member
Canada
258 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As of 11:24am EST, showing as 86% sold.

Estimated to arrive Nov-17-2020
Edited by rjlavoie
10/21/2020 11:26 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6670 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The beauty of the coin, that although refers to the Canada Arctic Territories, it has design could appeal to many people in different countries and regions, specially the north areas as : Alaska USA, Greenland, Scandinavian countries, Russia (according to internet memes they have bears as pets).....

And mintage is only 2500 pieces. Definitively not enough for all.
Valued Member
Canada
465 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Silveroid

Quote:
the new (2020) one made very strong first appearance with the CAD 400 price tag and Best Offer option.

I sold this coin for over $700.00 cad back a few years back. Now I wish I didn't. :(

Coin #1: 2015 - Voyageur (1935)
Valued Member
Canada
465 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
95% SOLD!
EXCLUSIVE Masters Club Renewed Silver Dollar Series: Coin #6 - 140th Anniversary of the Arctic Territories 2 oz. Gold-Plated Coin
Edited by jimper
10/21/2020 3:21 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 2,450Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05