Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Classic Chinese Zodiac Series, 2010-2021 -- Complete!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 406Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2344 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  7:37 pm Show Profile   Check canadian_coins's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add canadian_coins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just received the last coin of this superb collection. Gosh, 12 years already! The ox (diecut):

I'm waiting for the Lotus scalloped coin to complete the other 12-coin series (Lotus).

What's interesting about this series is that the proposed quantity was originally set at 9,999 units compared to 19,888 for the Lotus series. However, demand for the 1 tr oz pure silver diecut version proved to be more popular than the sterling scalloped coins. In 2012, the RCM decided to change the Lotus coin composition from sterling to pure silver causing some controversy among collectors.

Another interesting tid bit is that the 2019 certificate of the $15 - year of the Pig mistakenly referred to a Dog in the Chinese translation. A replacement certificate was issued with sincere apologies from the RCM.

Finally, if there is perhaps one element that I always want in a series is consistency. Not just of the coin's composition and shape but packaging as well. In 2015, the RCM decided to reduce the size of the COA from a beefy 7-page 3x3 inch down to a tiny 2x2, 3-page certificate.

Both series are magnificent regardless and the wooden cases are particularly unique and impressively crafted.

With that, I'm also sad to say that my postings of new NCLT coins are coming to an end.

But I always enjoy visiting CCF!
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Edited by canadian_coins
10/26/2020 7:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3185 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6670 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations for completion!

The series looks amazing, all together in the RCM box.

I did collect Scalloped series - found they design very unusual, de-centralized, but gave up in the on half way (still keep the Dragon after selling everything else and the box).

Guys, share the pictures of complete Scalloped series as well.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11130 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  03:02 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! They look nice.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Valued Member
Canada
408 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@canadian_coins... Congratulations on completing the marathon. It is a good looking set and one of the best packaging/presentation methods the RCM has used.

Quote:
I'm waiting for the Lotus scalloped coin to complete the other 12-coin series (Lotus).

I only subscribed to the scalloped series and am still waiting... I was hopeful 2 weeks ago as the RCM placed a hold on the credit card for the amount but it expired without the charge completing... Maybe it will show up before Christmas but given the performance this year, I am not hopeful.

Quote:
Gosh, 12 years already!
Can't agree more !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4781 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on completing the set! I agree that it is definitely a great set in a terrific case.

I remember considering a subscription myself at the time, but decided against it and to stick with commemorative coins vs. branching off into topicals. Of course, a few years later, I broke my "rule" and began collecting the RCM's Bald Eagle coins!

PS It was nice to see a post from you - hopefully, there will be one more when your final lotus coin is delivered!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 406Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.15 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05