Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anyone Seen Any 2020 S In Circulaton?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 410Next Topic  

Canada
36 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  10:32 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add torcan to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Each year I always buy the mint uncirculated set from the post office, but I also try to pick up each coin from circulation as well - especially for the commemorative twonies and everything that usually aren't in the sets. Those ones are usually much harder to find, despite the TV commercials that say "look for them in your change".

So far, the ONLY 2020 coin I've been able to acquire in circulation is the quarter. Nothing else.

I realize that we are in a pandemic and maybe people aren't spending money as much as in a normal year, but I thought more would come my way by now. I keep wondering to myself - where are they all? Everytime I get change it's always older coins.

It's a little frustrating. Maybe I'll just have to do everything uncirculated this year.

For the record, I live in a suburb of Toronto.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
972 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2020's in circulation in Toronto are also very rare right now for me as well. I've seen 1 quarter and 2 nickels and 2 Toonies with the Mask on them (colourized)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
713 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't had much luck either. Only found 2 quarters so far. Dropped the 1st one on the pavement and ruined it, 2nd one is in a 2X2.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5457 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't think I was doing that good but I guess better than most.

Found 0 -.5 / 8 -.10 / 4 -.25 / 0 - 1.00 / 1 mixed roll of the V toonie with some extra's and just today I found 2 mixed rolls of the mask toonie. Very happy with the Toonie finds.

But I must say that I do go to all banks and change rolls over to find these.
Valued Member
Canada
191 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
got a 2020 25 cents in change the other day...Atlantic Canada region
Valued Member
Canada
71 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Stogie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So far I've only encountered 1 2020 coin in circulation...a dime I got in change at the gas station. This was in central Ontario at the end of September.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 410Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05