Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Ideas On Value? 1887 Sixpence

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 193Next Topic  

United Kingdom
1 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  10:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bhad1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a coin that was gifted to me years ago. I no longer wish to be reminded of the person who gave me such coin, and was wondering if it was worth selling?

I believe it is a sixpence with the image of the Queen facing left. Around her image it says 'Victoria Dei Gratia' and 'Britt Regina FD' there is a very small JEB just under her right shoulder but above the pattern at the edge of the coin.

The back has the shield, with 1887 at the bottom and Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense around the shield

Any advice gratefully received!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
524 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hogarth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Condition is the deciding factor. Can you post photos here?
It's a very common coin, but high grade specimens are worth 20-30. There are rare examples on which letters in Victoria are over-stamped. Photos would help us determine if yours is one of these.
Edited by Hogarth
10/28/2020 11:23 am
Learn More...
United States
92389 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Australia
876 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 193Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05