Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 Un Charter Loonie - Will They Make Rolls And Will They Be Circulated?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,293Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
123 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  5:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add upc239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Anyone see these in circulation yet?

Seems to be a lot of chatter about whether there will be rolls or not.

Reminds me of the "supposed" low mintage rolls of the 2016 loonies...I now have a stack full of those 2016 rolls :)

This article says 2 million coloured coins will enter into circulation:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/ro...0000159.html

Quote:
Two million coloured coins, with a red maple leaf and olive branches in the same shade of blue as the United Nations flag, are entering circulation today. There is also an uncoloured version limited to one million coins. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, designed by Canadian artist Susanna Blunt in 2003.

Edited by upc239
10/29/2020 5:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8181 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes there will be rolls and yes they will enter circulation.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5455 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it is going to be like the Twoonie then the rolls will be mixed , plain and colour together.
Valued Member
Canada
60 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jazzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find since the switch to 3 million (2+1) mintage, I would maybe get one or two in change near launch and they would never come up in my change again. I believe, especially for the colored ones, people are holding on to these coins, and thus do not see much circulation. I will be likely be buying the set that contains the two coins alongside other denominations, and maybe try the banks for a roll.
Canada
8 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2020  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numisnut1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are these rolls in clear plastic as in other recent years or are they going back to paper. I see the new U.N.Loonie rolls on ebay in paper rolls.
Canada
8 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2020  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numisnut1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Canada
511 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2020  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These will appear in circulation, but probably more in a month or so. I know that collector rolls are not getting shipped until Dec and Jan. They aren't even on the RCM website yet.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
511 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I heard on the weekend that the UN doesn't want the RCM to sell rolls above face value. That's why they haven't appeared on the RCM website.
Valued Member
Canada
89 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  01:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I heard on the weekend that the UN doesn't want the RCM to sell rolls above face value. That's why they haven't appeared on the RCM website.

Maybe the UN should go after the sellers on eBay. I just saw a listing for 2 rolls - 1 colored, 1 uncolored. All for the measly sum of C $499.00 + $20 shipping.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
5455 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has anyone seen these in circulation yet?
Valued Member
Canada
123 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add upc239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went to an RBC branch yesterday and said they haven't gotten any but that many people have been asking for them. I have seen rolls and purchased a roll myself from an LCS but they had a very limited inventory. I have also reached out to many LCSs and sellers with no luck. There was a batch released in Quebec as most of the eBay sellers that got their hands on rolls are based around the Montreal area.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4620 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2020  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On a Winnipeg mint tour in 2013, they told me it costs roughly 13 cents to produce a loonie, so one would guess a private enterprise could make these for a third of the cost of the RCM
Pillar of the Community
Canada
604 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2020  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the perfect opportunity for the RCM to distribute the 5-coin plio packs at FV.

These were very well received several years ago and make perfect sense today for a whole bunch of reasons.

Valued Member
Canada
375 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just saw one today. It looks like the coin is coloured using some kind of enamel. Anyone have any insight?

IMHO this is coin looks awesome compared to the recently released colour circulation coins
Edited by Paisa
11/21/2020 6:00 pm
Valued Member
Canada
89 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2020  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a heads up. Colonial Acres has these rolls for sale at the exorbitant price of $40 CDN per roll. . Only 2 rolls per customer, but a much better deal than what's going on over at eBay.

https://www.colonialacres.com/2020-..._roll.sc.htm

Pillar of the Community
Canada
511 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$40 is a bargain compared to what the mint sells commemorative loonie rolls for. Although once you pay tax and shipping, the price adds up.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,293Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.15 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05