Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 Un Charter Loonie - Will They Make Rolls And Will They Be Circulated?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 2,327Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
532 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2020  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I first clicked the Colonial Acres link earlier today there were over 30 rolls in stock. They are now out of stock. I picked one up earlier as I don't have any desire or time to go to bank branches and not really spending cash these days either.
Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2020  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just found a few in circulation. Also found the coloured toonie in circulation and best of it I was able to pick up a roll of the new loonies at a pretty good price - $25. Opened it and there were only 6 non coloured ones to 14 coloured ones.

Passed on many of them to others. Kind of like coin exchange.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
598 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  02:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
there were only 6 non coloured ones to 14 coloured ones

This makes sense because 1 Million non-coloured have been minted and 2 Million coloured.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
743 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They want crazy money for these on ebay. I found the individuals for under 5 bucks at CA, but tack on shipping and taxes, still over 20 bucks for 2 loonies. I need them to fill the collection, but I have my limits for circulation coins. To compare, I scored the 2 new Victory toonies, 1 of each, shipping included, for 9 bucks. A buck for the stamp, 4 bucks in face, seller made a profit, I don't feel ripped off. Isn't this the way it should be? You should be able to get these 2 coins for 6 or 7 bucks.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3265 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  07:51 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They want crazy money for these on ebay.

Wait until January, there will be lots of them, and the price will come down, right now, the collector's who gotta have them right away are driving the prices up. And the dealer's are making out like bandits. Considering all the rolls are acquired through banks, at face value. Not for sale at the mint at marked up prices.

edited for typo.
Edited by silverwolf
12/06/2020 07:52 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
743 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  08:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the collector's who gotta have them right away are driving the prices up

Nailed it wolfy. I can wait. I don't even really like them. .

Valued Member
Canada
387 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2020  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And 50 rolls are now in stock on Colonial Acres Website - I guess in anticipation of prices coming down their price now is $49.95
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
743 Posts
 Posted 12/26/2020  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wait until January

I see what you did there. . A little insider info perhaps? .

Silverwolf exposed his identity as my Secret Santa, and sent me 2 examples of each loon. "wait until Jan." wink, wink, nudge, nudge. OK! Thanks wolfy.

I have to eat my words...

Quote:
I don't even really like them. .

.....boy they are nice. Way nicer than I thought. At least the ones wolf picked for me. I always like the non-colour version of coins, and that doesn't change with this one. Seriously, these examples are beautiful, unlike the Victory toonies I got. From a roll, but beat up before hitting the roll. These UN loons are something else. I'll put up some pic's in the loonie bin when the lighting works for me.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1698 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2020  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add samsnate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I usually don't come across any colour anything where I am. If I do they are usually pretty beat up. Due to the global fiasco we are all faced with right now, I've done cashless everything all year and continue to do so so needless to say 2019 and 2020 coins unfortunately have been purchased online from mint sealed rolls.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 2,327Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05