Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 0.5 Oz $10 Maple Leaf?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 376Next Topic  

Canada
24 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  9:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Canovision8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone know if the Mint is continuing the 1/2 oz $10 Maple Leaf series this year?

I have been collecting them for several years and would like to have a complete set.

Last year's edition came in a special box, which was a nice touch by the Mint.

Thanks.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5038 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been wondering the same thing. The last chance for such a coin will be in the December release (if there is one). There was a limited release last December, so there is a possibility that a 2020 coin in this series will still be released - but I'm not holding my breath!

It seems that it might have been replaced by the Maple Leaf coin in the 2020 O Canada! six-coin set. It's also a 1/2-ounce silver coin and its Matte Proof finish would be visually similar to that of the previous Specimen finish coins.

If that is the case, however, it will cost $15 more to keep the collection going as the 2020 O Canada! coin is $50 CAD vs. last year's $35 price!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
614 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with commems here - at this late stage (Nov 6) it appears the 2020 Canada coin is what we get. I do hope the silver 1/2 oz Maple Leaf series continues in 2021 because it is a great collection and the specimen finish is works well.

Cheers!
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 376Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05